RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[SOLVED] Item select window à la Dark Cloud

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
i would like to request a script that let's you talk to an NPC and you need to give him an item so a window opens as shown in exemple 2
and you have to select the item he asked, if it's the wrong one it buzzes and closes the window.
if it's the good one the window closes too (you lose the number of items asked) and i should be able to activate a self switch or a switch if the item and the number of items was correct.

UPDATE: I want the window to look like the one in the exemples , with the description of the item 'n all

exemple :
you talk to a guy and he asks you for 2 apples ,
you get him the apples , he asks if you did get him ,window opens, you select the item, number(2 apples) is removed from inventory , window closses, a self trigger is triggered and he gives your reward.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:44:04 PM by Mitsarugi »

Rep:
Level 89
A script like this already exist. And with example, like you asking for! ;) Look for "srgss2_demo101" (STRRGSS2 ARCHIVES / STR_Script Demonstration ver1.01), translated by Speed@. It's a script by...I don't know, but she's/he's japanese... ^^
Regards,
Mike

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Mitsarugi, do you mean like Shanghai's Pick Item Event?

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Or my Evidence Locker script. It doesn't look the way you want it to, but it does what you want it to.

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
Or my Evidence Locker script. It doesn't look the way you want it to, but it does what you want it to.
i already know both of those scripts.
well it's a little like both , but more like both of them together.
and i would like to see all the items, not just like the Evidence Locker script (you have to set an item as Evidence in a note tag to see it in the window)
and with the description under it , and i would like to be able to set the item an NPC wants ^^
ex: -he wants a potion ,(window opens) you click elixir (so buzzer and it doesn't work , window closes)
     - you re-talk to him and ,(window opens) you click potion (works) and the events local switch activates.

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
well, it's not hard to copy and paste the code \evidence into all the noteboxes

(or, if you're sure you want all items to appear, then you could paste this script below the Evidence Locker:
Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
class RPG::BaseItem
  def evidence?
    return true
  end
end
)
and everything else my evidence locker script can do. I don't know, I'm not really seeing where the point of departure is, so I don't know what I would need to do different if I accepted this request.

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
i'll see if i can make it work the way i want , if not , i'll still request this.

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
well, it's not hard to copy and paste the code \evidence into all the noteboxes

(or, if you're sure you want all items to appear, then you could paste this script below the Evidence Locker:
Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
class RPG::BaseItem
  def evidence?
    return true
  end
end
)
and everything else my evidence locker script can do. I don't know, I'm not really seeing where the point of departure is, so I don't know what I would need to do different if I accepted this request.

it doesn't work , so my request still stands

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
A script like this already exist. And with example, like you asking for! ;) Look for "srgss2_demo101" (STRRGSS2 ARCHIVES / STR_Script Demonstration ver1.01), translated by Speed@. It's a script by...I don't know, but she's/he's japanese... ^^

you helped me find it in one of Star's demos :D Thx
SOLVED

http://www.mediafire.com/?de7ta5zyfpdu0ak