RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Steampunk thread

Rep:
Level 69
Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
Everybody's heard about steampunk every now and again, haven't they? The Jules Verne inspired fantasies where zeppelins pollute the foggy skies, gentlemen with cybernetic gatling gun hands pose for fancy daguerreotypes, everything that moves has a pair of brass goggles strapped to it and everything that doesn't is simply covered in cogs.
A majority of the high fantasy aficionados out there would agree, I'm sure, that behind it's self indulgent fetishism steampunk holds a massive potential for deep and beautiful rpgs.
But funny enough, the only two noteworthy ones I know of are Arcanum and FFVI. What is wrong with the world? Have I missed out on something important?

Since the beginning of Dorian Hunt (http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,42791.0.html) I've been thinking about it a lot. Are there any good RM steampunk games out there that you would recommend?

And also, do you have any bright steampunk-related game making ideas that you wouldn't mind sharing and discussing? If you do, feel free to do it here.

Thank you very much.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
If you think you can't fit more cogs on it, there's something wrong with your thinking.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 69
If you think you can't fit more cogs on it, there's something wrong with your thinking.
There's always enough room for more style, isn't there?
But sarcasm aside, I'm really curious what would people like to see behind those cogs n' goggles. We all know what the traditional steampunk form is like, it's very well-established, whereas the substance is subject to infinite fantasy and variation. That's where it gets interesting.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I love mechanical fantasy.
And science-fiction comedies.
Especially Red Dwarf.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 69
I saw that ;)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
There are some great Steampunk/Victorian movies out there. I recommend The Prestige, which is one of my favorite movies of all time. Also, there's that one movie about the underground city. I think its called Lamplight or something like that. It was kind of dumb, but not bad. There aren't a lot of games that do steampunk very well, though.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I have nothing to add to this discussion but only to 2nd the notion of The Prestige being amazing and also being in my top 3 favorite movies of all time.

Continue along good sirs.