RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What do you think???

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Heyy,

im looking for opinions from some people on a new game that im going to start to make.

Cinnabar Knights: A group of rebel knights that all wear red (some say blood stained) armor, and plan on taking over their respective kingdoms. Zackariah (Protagonist) and his band of thieves, and other loyal knights, want to stop this uprising, and are paid for their work around the globe, slowly destroying all the Cinnabar Knights, Soo they think. What they fail to realize is that the Cinnabar Knights, are have an evil sorcerer, who brings them back from the underworld as they die.

Soo what do you think??? Im open to any suggestions, soo if you see something you would like to change, or would just like to comment, add something, take something out, feel free to comment, Pm me, Email me what ever

Also what would you think of a title screen like this??? (Attached)

Thanks in advance people. Its people like you who make the best RPG games possible.

Matt (Mapper2100)

(EDIT)

New Story:  There has always been unrest in the kingdoms. Many knights are not satisfied with the rule of their kings and queens. In time this unrest becomes resentment, and many once loyal knights become rebels and even some common people don armor and fight against the loyal knights. An evil sorcerer sees this opposition in the lands and wants to turn the tides of battle to his own gain. He slowly begins gaining the trust of the rebels and, with each soldier he makes, he stains their armor red with a curse. They become more bloodthirsty in battle and do not fear death. As long as they wear the red armor he can bring them back from the grave. Zackariah was one of many people who had been contesting the royalty and their rule. He had even formed a band of thieves that would steal from the monarchs and give back to the poor and those in need (Robin Hood style!). But when he witnesses the growth of these Cinnabar Knights, and fights some in his encounters with them, he knows a bad omen when he sees it. Zackariah offers his aid to the royalty the despises so much, but under the condition that they will change their ways and he wants most of them to step down from their rule after he saves them. Better to be a deposed king or queen than a dead one right? He even tells them he has a way to kill the evil sorcerer. At first, many monarchs turn him down, but as the loyal knights are overrun and innocents die in the streets they eventually give in to Zackariah as he becomes the only able help. Now Zackariah might have actually known how to kill the evil sorcerer or he might have been bluffing, but either way, he does find the weakness of the sorcerer in time. Many monarchs of course, will probably have assassins to take Zack out after he kills the evil sorcerer though so that they will not have to honor their pact with him and keep on ruling the people. So even after the sorcerer is dead there still might be more story in this option as Zack would also kill the assassins and then go to take out the remaining monarchy himself or at least force them to honor his pact.

Tell me what you think of that onee!!! thanks peoplee

Matt Keating
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:06:30 PM by Mapper2100 »

I think that the idea itself is very cliché but that is ok, as what matters is how well you make the game.

Rep:
Level 91
Are the cinnabar knights from cinnabar island?

RMRK Junior
Are the cinnabar knights from cinnabar island?
Thats a good idea Mouse, ill think about that, and bee sure to add you to the credits.

Rep:
Level 91
Actually, and I'm sorry, that was more a dig, in that Cinnabar Island is an area in the Pokemon games.

http://www.psypokes.com/rby/walkthrough/kanto.jpg
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:47:23 AM by mouse »

RMRK Junior
well thats fail, cause ive never played the pokemon gamess, wow... fail on my part

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
@Valdred: For now I don't believe there is any idea that I can't scream cliche at it though XD
@Mapper: With that said, the idea of yours can give your antagonist pretty much no depth, I believe \(>o<)/ I always associate being brought back to life by a necromancer with becoming a mindless skeleton, and why would anyone want that :(? You should try to give those knights a reason why they are trying to take over, a reason they can risk their life for it (even the circle of dead + revive + being dead again isn't to my fancy either) That's the basic of having an interesting antagonist, and ultimately having a good story XD Simply taking over something just because you can isn't a good and convincing reason at all (???)b
I support \\(>O<)b

Rep:
Level 83
I read somewhere on this site that pretty much everything has been done, so most idea's are gonna cliche. But, like, Valred said, I would play a game about 'three heroes who have to go through a journey around the world to defeat the evil wizard and slay the fire dragon,' if it was well made.

Rep:
Level 91
The thing with cliches is they're cliche because people overuse them and people overuse them because people like and want them.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The only reason cliches are cliches is because they were so badass in the first place.
Why waste that badassery?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I actually think it isn't much of a cliche idea as long as you include a bit more detail. For instance explaining why thieves would band together with knights, you know add in a bit of that 'Hey! We aren't working with some no good thieves!' 'But we must stick together to stop the Cinnabar Knights!' You know add some conflict. Then of course you'll need to make the Knights a bit more in depth, maybe give the player a chance to get to understand the minds of a Cinnabar Knight. Maybe at one point you capture one of the Knights and are able to interrogate him, you learn some cool stuff about their reasons for gaining control. Honestly, I think anything can break away from a cliche mold depending on the amount of detail placed into the backstory.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
I cant see from here but I smell your fear
I like the title screen

As for the story I got one idea once you have killed all the knights the mage begins some ritual to re summon the knights then it falls on the player to stop the mage but you let the mage summon the knights that then take the power from the mage so they can merge together and form the Crimson knight or something then once that knight is beat  a portal to the underworld opens up and starts to draw the knight in as the knight is about to be sucked back to the underworld he voes to come back and destroy the world so the party comes to the conclusion that the only way to save the planet is to sacrifice them self to form a seal on the portal that can never been opened

and if you do a number two you can start it out with somone opening that portal and the azul knights come out lol

but any who that's just a thought whatever you do just remember to have fun with it

lol now that I read it sounds like a cliche but oh well we all cant be original  8)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Is that a Warhammer picture?

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Yep @ Holk. Your idea is lame but so are most game concepts. Its the execution that counts. Example:

You have to escape from a factory or you and everyone else will get eaten by evil money-hungry overlords = Oddworld

There are these cute animals and you have to catch them and then be the best creature tamer ever = Pokemon.

I could go on but I won't.

RMRK Junior
@Holk, im not quite sure, but it wouldnt suprise me, cause one of my friends recomended it to mee...

and i have an update of the story line that i will post here... thanks people!!!

Matt(Mapper2100)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
The new story is definitely a big improvement on the first, but how powerful must Zachariah be to have been able to defeat someone with a band of thieves that a military could not? Also, you kinda spoiled the story  ;8