RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Novel Based Game: School Project

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Hey people,

I have to make a game for English, on the book No Man's Land, By Kevin Major, and I was wondering if anyone out there had any tips on how I could make my game better, or make it more appealing, but within staying in the 25 min time limit.

Also, suggestions on what chapter I should do and why?

Matt (Rusty95ca)
Currently Working On: Quest For Freedom

World Map          [*/////////]
Towns/Cities       [*/////////]
Other Parts         [*/////////]
Npc's                  [*/////////]
Player Characters [***///////]

Demo                 [**////////]

Rep:
Level 71
It would help if I knew what the game was currently like. I can't tell you how to make it better yet.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Well like I dont know how I would go about making the game??? Have you read the book???

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I think he's looking for generalized advice. For example, based on a theme displayed in the book, you may suggest a mini game.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
I think he's looking for generalized advice. For example, based on a theme displayed in the book, you may suggest a mini game.
Thanks arrow-1, but do you suggest that I like make the game step by step from the book??? Like take one chapter and make it??? exactly as I see it as im reading???

Rep:
Level 71
Just general recommendations? Well, the only real thing I can think of is to show their thoughts and flashbacks. Like when Hayward is thinking about home, and how the war was only supposed to last one year. Flashbacks are generally good when done sparingly and tastefully (i.e. not one ever couple of minutes).

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
ohh ok, thanks people