RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Requesting smarts for just one moment.

Rep:
Level 84
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I think it should be this section, because it's a request of knowledge, not anything material.

I want a battle system. I want one that works, is easy to understand and configure because battling is not the strong point in my game (you're encouraged to avoid battles).

So, my question is, what really good, really simple (but really cool at the same time) battle scripts are there out there?

And what would be an alternate way to deal with enemies, rather than a battle system?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't really know what kind of game you're making, but it almost sounds survival horror to me. If it is,
then here's a few idea's that pop into my head.
- An ATB
- An event that just does a check of what level you are, then the monster and does some calc work, deciding if you won or lost (might cause much rage)
- Some kind of weird text based, riddle solving thing. Wrong answers = damage
- No combat, just have the monster events on the map cause damage when the player touches them.

Those are the things that popped into my head.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
I really like that last option.

Let me define exactly how I'm going to be working battling and stuff.
I'm heavily relying on sneaking around enemies and assassinating them.
There really are no levels or EXP.

So, I kinda like that last option. I'll test it out.

Thanks, Boe.

Also, any other ideas are always appreciated, just in case.

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
Maybe there is a minigame script you could use. Like.... input matching? Maybe that could sorta represent attacking and blocking... I dunno.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I have a general idea in my head that could make this work, but when you say assassinate do you mean by bow or a sword? Because it may be a little more difficult if by sword.