RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Modified Shop System (Design Image Included)

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Modified Shop System
Valentine's Day, 2009

Summary
The basic function of this script is to create an interesting alternative to the default shop system.

Features Desired
  • Displays a 640x480 background behind the shop menus.
  • Displays a battler beside the menus to represent the shopkeeper.
  • Title box to display the shop name. (This would use a more ornate font)
  • Message box that contains dialogue based on context. (These messages would be set with a script call, to give ome personality to each shop. Also, this is nitpicking, but please don't let the font change size based on the length of the message. If the font needs to shrink, please shrink the font size of all messages.)
  • Menu selection allowing for multiple item types to improve shop organization. (The choice names would ideally be set with a script call.)
  • Item listing based on menu selected. (The menu would clear if nothing was selected)
  • Room to insert an item combination script at a later time.

Mockups

Games its been in
    None, but a similar idea was employed in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, as well as Castlevania: Curse of Darkness.

Did you search?
No I did not- this is an original concept.

Where did you search?
  • N/A

What did you search for?
  • N/A

Note: Skanker suggested the text be spaced a little farther away from the edges of the item listing menu. I agree. 8D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:05:42 PM by Arrow-1 »

Rep:
Level 96
Bump. :o

Got sort of overwhelmed by dead topics in other sections. :I

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hey Arrow,

I'm kind of overwhelmed at the moment and obviously not the most reliable quest filler person, as you know well enough, so I can't take this request. However, I do have a question about the item types. Are these categories you define yourself? Or are they based on Database categories like Shields, Body Armor, etc...

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
I'll give it a go, just need a battler image and the background image if possible to work with as well as the information Modern Algebra asked about.

Edit: Also just noticed there's no help window to display help text from items and no window to display how much money you have.

Edit2: Mostly done, all shop methods are done and prepped up for different ways of sorting along with shop name and shop dialog.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:55:38 AM by Zanaziel »

Rep:
Level 96
These would be defined yourself. You would name the sections like "Apparel", "Sundries", etc.

Zanaziel: First of all, THANKS. It looks to be about perfect! Second, the item descriptor text could replace the shopkeeper dialogue when you're browsing a menu, maybe...would that work do you think? As for the money window, I guess that could go at the top or bottom right corner of the screen in a slightly larger font.

Rep:
Level 96
Just bumping this topic, I hope you're still making the script. ;D