RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Xenomic's Discussion Topic (since I don't know where else to put this)

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Alright, so I've been feeling like talking a bit about the system, about things that can be made, what's good/bad to put into games, and the like, and well....not sure where else to put a topic like this so.....if this is a bad place to put, my bad ^^;;;

Well first off, I guess I'll start things off by talking about the system itself. Personally, even though I hear a lot of good things about VX and XP, I think that 2K3 is a lot more simple to deal with, and can do just about as much as those 2 (granted, I haven't messed with either VX or XP, but I don't feel like making/working with scripts for battle systems. Otherwise, my Touhou RPG would've been more Tales of/Valkyrie Profile esque rather than Final Fantasy styled). Not much else I can say, though I do wish it'd allow for more sprites for battle animations. 3 frames per battle animations per for a character can get a little rough sometimes methinks ^^;;

Also, I was reading up on this Limit Break tutorial, and was wondering what your guys' opinion is on Limit Breaks in general, and if they should be included in certain games (like take mine for example. While I WOULD like to mess with the coding behind Limit Breaks so as to do a tutorial video on it, I just don't think it'd work well with my game due to its nature, unless it was, once again, something similar to Tales of/VP style combat or something more.....interactive).

And how difficult would YOU guys say it is to work with 2k3/2k in general? I haven't touched 2k though I hear it's pretty similar to 2k3 (minus the FF styled fights). Think it's easy to script/create/simulate events and systems in here, and to make things for the system in general?

Well.....not much else I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll come up with more ideas later. ^^;;