RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with battle event

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hey guys i was working on a class so you can switch elements during battle like turn into a fire element use only fire magic stuff like that and i wanted each element to have different weapons/armor when you switch during battle and i tried to do it but whenever i try it in battle it doesnt switch the weapon or armor here is a screenshot of what i tried.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/3817/untitled76sw.jpg

If anyone can help me please Thanks.

Rep:
Level 91
You need to set up a trigger and a trigger switch.

Quote from: Inaru
You need to set up a trigger and a trigger switch.

Hmmm ok thanks but i need to know how to set it up right so when i switch from normal to the monster with the weapon.  :?

Rep:
Level 91
An easier way to do this is to make characters of the elementals, and just change out characters when you use the skill.

Ok thanks alot man i did everything works nice now i can switch good. Now there is one small thing since the hero who uses the spell gets each transformation at a level like Fire transform at level 20 earth at level 30 and the monsters would be stronger by the level but how do i make it so when you finish the battle as fire the main character gets xp not the fire one because the main is the one that needs the xp not the summon.

Rep:
Level 91
You can make the XP gained a varible, which would then equal all of the other character's XP gain. So, the main character would stay the same level thoughout the whole game, even when he transform characters.

Hmm never used a varible before how would it work?

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2627

This tutorial is the best for newbies learning variables.

Ok i kind of understand the basics of it but i still dont know how to make the main character gain the same xp as everyone else when he is in the summon form.  Tutorial helped me understand the basics but they used the find people as an example  :o

Rep:
Level 91
Think of a varible as a number, which you can set up as whatever other number you want.

Hmmm i kind of understand what to do i just dont know where to put it if someone can show me how to do it step by step i would bay so thankfull  :?

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
forget the variable.....
can't you just put the main charactor back in when the battle is over? that way he would get exp, no the summon.

Unless I say so, I'm using RPG Maker XP.

Quote from: The Moogle
forget the variable.....
can't you just put the main charactor back in when the battle is over? that way he would get exp, no the summon.

That sounds even more simple and i would do that instead just dont know how  :?  Just so when the battle ends it switches from the summon to the person who summoned it on its own right after all the monsters die.

Rep:
Level 91
http://z18.zupload.com/file.php?filepath=6789
a demo i made, it shows how to make summons good, they won't leech exp since they are level 99

if you want to remove the hero when you summon just add a removing line somewhere but that might come in very bad since you can't define the end of the battle
so you can either add a line for every battler group which will add exp when the switch of the summoning is turned on, this way the hero will get exp but you'll have to set it for every battler group
and then when the battle is over and you remove the summons add any hero that it's summoning switch was turned on

i hope it's not too confusing, nothing bad with leaving the heroes in the battle though
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
Yeah. Listen to Blue. He's probably more helpful than me anyday.

Hmmm nice demo i understand how the summon works but i was doing something a little different the class i made is not really a summoner its the hero himself transforms into the monster so he has to leave the battle the most simple way to do this was just make a hero of the same name with different wepon/armo skill / health and sp. Simple thing now since you explained everything just need to know what is the event command or whatever it is i need to do the exp thing you talked about. lol im just a little confused right now thanks for the help so far  :)

Rep:
Level 91
well, when you summon the other form of yourself it turns on "herosummoned" switch

inside every monster there is a place for events called battle events.
trigger it by a switch, that switch will be herosummoned
add exp to the other hero and turn the herosummoned switch off
since your hero won't be back anyways you won't need to control him not being able to summon.

this will add the exp to him, as for the "summon" make it level 99 so it won't level up or give him the normal exp so it will level up whenever it's in battle

lastly outside the battle where the para process is add the hero back to the party and remove the "Summon"

hope i helped

Sounds pretty simple and i would need to do this for every single battle?  :shock:  Also what if i make the max level of the summon lets say 16 and it is level 16 it wont take any xp right? If i do need to do this for every single battle i think i would like to see how you do the variable i will try this out thanks for help.

Rep:
Level 91
it is for every battle sadly.
not really about a variable
use change hero exp button and choose the hero
use the exp amount you definded for the monsters in the battle to choose how many exp the hero will get

Heh i understand i guess there really isnt a fast way to do it. See its not hard for me to do it i understand what you are talking about it just sucks that you need to do it for every battle well thanks for all you're help  :)