RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED]Cutscene help

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
ok well i was wondering if any one has any tips on making cutscenes or knows of a tutorial because every time i try to make a cutscene it never comes out the way i pictured it. so was there any tips i could have on making good decent cutscenes.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 03:41:16 AM by neobreaker4 »

Rep:
Level 83
I don't use vx (2003 user) but what i did for my ordinary cutscenes was set up actors(events) with no actions and an invisible auto start event and do everything inside that auto event. Then at the end I put a switch on or add a variable. Then I go to page 2 and make the auto event stop working because of the switch. If vx doesn't work that way then sorry. Are you enjoying vx?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
ok well i was wondering if any one has any tips on making cutscenes or knows of a tutorial because every time i try to make a cutscene it never comes out the way i pictured it. so was there any tips i could have on making good decent cutscenes.
That depends. If there's a technical aspect that's a problem that we can help you with. If it's a problem of incompetence (not said in a condescending way. Just sayin') of manipulating the things you have, you just need to play around with the Maker.

ok i guess i wasnt to clear on what i meant. i can make simple cutscenes like making converstaion and using the move event to make actors move and react. i was just wondering if any body else had suggestions on different ways to make them better then just make conversation and moving people around

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, partly mapping plays a role here - By using good fogs (with fog script) or pictures, you can create an appealing setting. And then weather is useful, as well as screen flash and screen shake effects. Also, using pictures is a great way to make cutscenes more appealing. I've seen a couple people use two horizontal black bars (at top and bottom of screen) to give the impression of widescreen and that made them a little more exciting. Also Show Animation is a nice feature, though it depends on what's happening in the cutscene.

alright thanks guys ill try out these suggestions glad you guys could give a hand.

Rep:
Level 83
You can also make emotion bubbles for your characters. Make a battle animation that makes a ! and a ... emotion bubble and add it to your cut scenes then your cool. I abuse it in my game.

yes i did put a ? in one of mine and it turned out pretty good so i will have to use more of those think for the suggestion