RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Transferring projects from RPG Maker XP to Postality Knights version

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hopefully this sort of question isn't asked by everyone and I'm just too stupid to find it using the search, but 'Transferring Projects' didn't come up with anything... anyway, my query is all in the title - I've got the Postality Knights version since my trial ran out on the 'proper' version, but it can't load my existing project from the other one, citing incompatability between software versions as the reason why. Is there any way to get around this? Much obliged.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Open the project with notepad(or your utility of choice i suppose) and change it from RMGXP 1.02 to 1.01.

There can however be some complications from doing this, so you might want to make a backup of your project or something like that.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 07:39:16 PM by GilgameshRO »

Open the project with notepad(or your utility of choice i suppose) and change it from RMGXP 1.02 to 1.01.

There can however be some complications from doing this, so you might want to make a backup of your project or something like that.

As fate would have it, I changed it to 1.01 THEN noticed your edit. Thankfully, I managed to find a backup version. What sort of 'complications' might there be?

Rep:
Level 88
There should not be any. Although, you may have to manually edit the Game.ini to use RGSS102E.dll. Japanese DLLs and English ones are a tad bit different, since it is used to interpret RGSS.
RGSS Dev

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well, it all works fine... until you start it up, that is. There's no text at all, anywhere. Can I get round this problem?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
This would be a problem with your scripts... theres a solution around here somewhere. Let me find it.

[EDIT:]
I have inserted a new script and the font doesn
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:53:20 AM by GilgameshRO »

I'm having the same problem, i brought a game from RMK2K to Postality and none of my text shows up in-game. I looked through my script, and i don't have any of those lines in 'main', nor do i have the line "self.contents.font.name = x" anywhere. any suggestions?

Rep:
Level 90
errr.... I reely dont think rmxp supports rm2k or 2k3