RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Randomly moving events

Rep:
Level 87
Want's to write a compiler for fun
I know that their is a random move option in the move event menu,

but I need to know how to set up the event so it will randomly move about the city from the moment you set foot on the map and when you talk to them will give you a message.

can some one help?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:13:18 PM by Zeriab »
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
2k3 or XP?

It shouldn't matter, as if I recall correctly, both of them have this option. But, in the event page, down next to the graphic there is a Move Route option, and you can set that to Fixed, Random, Approach, or Custom. Just set it on random.

In Xp Legal, it is under Autonomous Movement: Type (should be to the direct right of the graphic). Not sure of the wording in 2k3, maybe Movement Type or something like that. I think it's right below the graphic in 2k3, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 06:22:42 PM by modern algebra »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Just set the event command you need to show the message as usual ^_^

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Making sure that the trigger is Action Key. ^_^

Rep:
Level 88
Make it Parralel Process event (Which is the person). Then make a conditional branch saying the action key is pressed and then inside it write in what they say. And of course make its movement random.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You don't need a conditional branch.... If the trigger is "Action Key," then it would work.

Rep:
Level 87
Want's to write a compiler for fun
never mind I found the Random Move Option in the event opetions five minnets after I posted this LOL.
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I take that as the problem is resolved. ^_^