RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A lag free theiving system!

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I have included the project folder, so you can open it up in Rmxp, and see how it works, fairly simple to get the hang off.

In this demo you can steal of all the people when you get good enough, and you can also steal from the bookcase. Be sure to learn how to steal first, by talking to the thief by the beds.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
WHAT THE HELL!!??!?!

100 ERROR MESSAGES POPPED UP!

Open it in RMXP, it isn't a compiled game. :o

Rep:
Level 88
this is great thanks
 ;D
however im gonna upgrade a little and make it so guards will attack you if you miss(get caught stealing) and make the characters not watch you steal.

Mhmk :) Great to hear someone likes it.

And yea, it is just a simple system.

wakka wakka wakka
this is great thanks
 ;D
however im gonna upgrade a little and make it so guards will attack you if you miss(get caught stealing) and make the characters not watch you steal.

goign runescape style huh? lol

Rep:
Level 88
More like elder scrolls

Hey
I'm building off your engine to create my own theif system if that's ok
here's the basic idea
i admit im a n00b when it comes to rpg maker xp and the "random" variable isnt working
i dont know if you can open it because i used postality knights
it needs a lot of work and this is a quick example of my idea

Yea that's fine.

Btw, I'm looking at yuor game, and I notice that there is no 'fail.' So you can just keep stealing clothes.

I have a good idea aswell, make the event have the graphic, and make it disappear after you steal it? :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, Fortis is right. You don;t have an else condition for the clothes. Also, to avoid having to put those conditional branches, I'd make a single common event with all of those conditions, and in the events themselves just have the random variable set, then call the condition common event. Also, I think you could probably collapse the thievery variable into the visibility variable. As for the variable "random", your main problem is that your thievery is successful if "visibility" is less than "random", but "random" is between the values 1 and 10, and visibility is always less than that since it starts at 0 and only decreases from there. It might be a good idea to make visibility a positive value and just have the thievery successful if "random" < "visibility". This might make the "visibility" tag misleading, but you can always rename it. Btw, good job on yours Fortis

yeah
that was just a quick sketch of what I had planned to do
there will be a consequence for failure and a limit on items
I think Fortis has some really good ideas along with everyone else here
I'll take it all into account
and maybe add a storyline

also, I feel like I'm stealing the thread from Fortis
sorry!

Lol. It's k.