RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Common Event

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Om nom nom nom
Okay, so I'm trying to make a common event that makes it so that when I press C(enter), it plays an animation. That's the easy part, getting it to WORK is what I'm having trouble with. I have the "Trigger:" set to "None" thinking that it would take nothing to trigger that event, well I was wrong. It doesn't work. I set it to "Parallel Process" and the "Condition Switch" is this switch I have in the beginning of my game, well until I interact with that switch NOTHING happens. I don't want to have anything in the game activate this Common Event, I just want it to constantly be in effect from the instant I start my game. Is there any way to make that happen?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Parallel process and turn the switch on at the beginning of the game like you said. It is now constantly running.

Om nom nom nom
Well, yeah but is there a way to do it without me having to turn on a switch? I mean it's not like it's hard to put something under the hero to activate all these parallel processes when the game starts, but during test plays I always have the starting position placed in different places.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
It's not hard to just turn on a switch either. No, there's no other way unless you want to have to use an item that turns on the common event for a single time.

Om nom nom nom
Alrighty. Thank you. :]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh, I just caught what you wrote in your last post about "putting something under the hero". Do you mean putting an event on Player Touch to turn on the switch?? Cause you can just make an event and place it anywhere on the map as a Parallel Process (or Autorun if that's what you fancy) and then immediately turn off that event. Make and event set to Parallel Process, 2 pages.
First page:
Switch[001]: Common Event Switch ON
Selfswitch[A]: ON

Second page set to anything except Autorun. Also, make sure this page is only turned on if Selfswitch A is ON. You can leave this page completely blank, it only serves as a dummy event so nothing happens after you're done turning on your switch.

This is just incase (for whatever reason) that player somehow misses stepping on that event to activate the common event. Try doing this with anything that you need to have happen, ever.