RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need help "Set Event Location" and "Transfer Player"

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
[Awesome phrase here]
Hello!

I have a maze in my game.
I want to make something like a "placeholder" (the placeholder sprite is an arrow
pointing north) so the player don't get lost in the maze.

The arrow sprite is in the same map but outside the view.
When the player press Q the arrow should appear in the same spot as the player.
I already did this with X and Y coordinates (set event location) and it works,
but when the player transfers to another map and then go back into the maze the placeholder is not there.

I want it so it don't get moved once its placed.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How should I do it?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 04:50:30 AM by Rexilia »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, one way I can see is just save the X & Y Coordinates from when you set event location. Then, when you re-enter the map, just have a parallel process event set the placeholder to the X & Y coordinates that you've saved from the first time the player pressed Q and then erase.

There might be an easier way that I'm not thinking of though. It's 2AM

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
[Awesome phrase here]
It works!!
Thank you Modern Algebra.
You are the man.