RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Problems with New Skills

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Okay, anyone who has played a Dragon Quest/Warrior game may understand the situation I'm putting here.

Let's say I wanted to make an attack that is good against certain species of monsters (dragons, zombies, etc.). To do that, you'd have to make an attribute for each monster class, yes?

So, I made one for Dragons and Zombies, so that certain attacks will damage them more. Then I made two attacks that specialize in doing so...Dragon Killer (for dragons) and Zombie Killer (for zombies). I set the standards for them (how much damage they'd do, MP cost, etc.), gave them custom-made animations, and everything looked fine and dandy...

...until I tried testing said attacks in a battle. The attacks are greyed out, thus I can't use them. I didn't set the attacks to be field-use only or anything...I double, triple, and even quadruple-checked everything, and nothing seems wrong with how I set up the attacks, and yet they still remain greyed out in battle. Did I do something wrong, or is this just a glitch? This isn't happening with any other skills I make, just these two...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:35:46 AM by TwilightPrince1002 »

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
Things don't really glitch in rm2k3.  It's simple enough of a program to handle any command you give it without causing it to freak out and die.

Anywho, this is probably a problem of you assigning a weapon characteristic to an attack and then not having that type of weapon equipped on the character trying to use the skill.  Go to your "Attribute" tab and check if your new attributes (Dragonslaying, Zombieslaying, whatever) are assigned as an ATTACK attribute; you can find that setting right under the name.  If they are, your weapons will need to have that attribute in order to use a skill with that attribute.  In other words, all weapons for a character who can use DragonSlayer have to have the attribute Dragonslayer or the skill won't work.

The simple work around would be to make the attribute for your Slaying attacks Magic instead of Attack, this bypasses the weapon requirement.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Ah, I see...so they'd need a weapon with that attribute...heh, you know, this might mean that I can make it so certain attacks can't be used unless they have certain weapons equipped. Yet another breakthrough for me, perhaps.

Thanks, I'll fix this. ^^

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Attributes are either 'Weapon' or 'Magic' types. Weapon attributes require the same-element weapon, whereas Magic ones don't. If you want the skills to be used at any time, which is likely, I'd make sure the elements/attributes are set to the latter.