RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Why does the prison have gold in it? The convicts could escape and steal it. :x

And why is right next to a cell?

Rep:
Level 86

They Couldn't. Its too heavy. :)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

........That's a funny reason....
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Blizzard did that in ChaosProject, too. :P

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Blizzard did that in ChaosProject, too. :P
:mad:

Anyway, I think you should remove the gold Guardian. It just don't fit in.

Rep:
Level 86
Whatever, anyway

Rep:
Level 89
Killing rats in the basement!

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
@Guardian:
They are just trying to help you; be more modest. :) I too agree with the gold - it's one of those "putting things in there just so it looks better" kinda things that just doesn't make any sense. I do recommend you removing them if it is a prison as well.

(Unless, of course, the prisoners have some sort of twisted gold-touching fetish, and they placed the gold right infront of the cell so they can touch it allllll day long. D: No wonder our tax revenue disappeared so fast. )

I personally find the fog to be a little awkward in such a confined space as well, but you might need it for something, so I don't know. Otherwise, it looks decent.

@Black Shadow:
Hahah, I like that hole-in-the-wall effect. Not much to say, looks good - but I'm assuming that giant pixel-y rat is just a placeholder?

~~~

Nothing special, just showing that things are still progressing according to schedule:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 05:45:42 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
At the moment, yes. I just resized the small rat sprite for the big on.

And your screenshots: <3 as normal

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
With the first screen, I have a bit of a tileset issue with the carpet and the fire. It's a really nice tileset, but the carpet looks kind of messy to me. I can't put my finger on it, maybe a little grainy? Maybe it just clashes with the purple carpet nearby and makes it look unnatural. It's hard to say, but I do not think the carpet looks very nice. I also am not fond of the shading on the fireplace. It lacks depth and looks kind of weird.  Also, I think the fog is taking the vibrance out of the fire. I think that the fire looks a bit dull and unattractive as it is.  :-\ I also do not like it where the carpet curves like that. Most carpets are rectangular or square. Aside from those minor issues, the mapping is nice in that screen (as always), and the second screen is flawless. Really nice work there. I take it Chapter 6 will be a lot of cutscenes :P Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Ah, very good points. For the fire; it actually should be turned off as it is morning, but I've been lazy, heheh. I think it looks relatively okay at night, along with the subtle light event animating. The red-ish carpet is rather messy, it's not meant to tile larger than 3x3 I believe. I think I'm going to give editing it a try sometimes, it's been bugging me as well.

And yes, Chapter 6 is quite heavy on cut-scenes; but there will actually be some action near the end in the form of both battles and mini-games. :>
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 06:06:11 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
Beginning of a title screen.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That's a pretty wicked title scene, though I think there would be another period after A generally.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I love that title screen, btw, but the lettering seems a bit off. Is there any way for you to move the "V" so that it's centered/synchronized with the woman? Don't mean to sound like a perv, but it would look so much better if the "V"
is pointed center with her chest.

Anyways, here's some from a survival horror that I'm working on.

Why does this painting keep staring at me like that?

Zombies...why did it have to be zombies...

Welcome, Stranger. What're you selling? Ah, I'll buy it at a high price!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 06:15:47 PM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 89
Tried to make the "V"point center with her chest.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Looks much better now. :)

*can't...stop...staring...at...V...

Rep:
Level 86
I just started using RMXP and would like honest criticism about two of my beginning maps.

This is the first one. It is the opening cave that the user begins in....

Rep:
Level 86
Here is the second map. It goes from the cave to the town south of the cave.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The second one is nice, a little lacking in forresty/mountain type objects, and the cliff looks weird near the back of the map.
The red line is what I'm talking about.

The blue like looks oddball, you never really see that all that much in games, I see what you're going for, but it just looks weird.
And above it, the second set of hills, above the cliffs, I'm not sure, but y reversing them, it might look better, but that's just me; it's your game.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
It might be just me, but the first map feels kinda empty. Try adding some rocks and rubble here and there to try to fill it out.

And, on a side note, it seems that nobody likes survival horror as my screenshots were completely ignored. 
You make me sad. ;9

Rep:
Level 89
Zylos@ The maps is a little to straight. And it looks that you forgot the wall autotile in the last screenshot. Other from that, it's a good start.

KarshnerShagger@ Next time, just EDIT instead of double post.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
The maps are straight mostly because you are exploring a mansion from room to room. The most bend you get is going around corners in the hallway.

Also, I did not add the wall autotile because it made most of my maps look kinda choppy. I only add it where I feel like I need one.

Rep:
Level 86
Zylos and SirJackRex thank you for your comments. I have added more bits and pieces to the first map and it does look a lot more believable. SirJackRex, I went back and edited the two things that you mentioned as well. I used the wrong tile in the cliff area and didn't remember to change it.

Zylos - Love the screenshots that you posted. I especially like the first and third ones because of the eerie feeling. Very ominous. I love dark and disturbing things :)

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"

What do you think?
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

What do you think?

It's WAY too square. Read some cave tutorials. :X