RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved]Player disappears on map and is unable to move

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
So, I've encountered this a couple of times in my project already. Basically, one map in the game simply refuses to work.  The other ones will work fine and it's always a different map! Whether I'm teleporting in or doing a test play, my hero will disappear and I will be unable to move. There are no auto events, paralells, or anything that could be impeding game flow. The only solution I have is to erase the map and create a new one entirely. Needless to say, this is a huge pain. Anybody seen this?  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 06:02:04 AM by Leventhan »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
It's possible that the problem is caused by either your scripts or common events.
Do you have any big scripts in particular?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I haven't encountered this before, it'll be nice if we can see the map to check it out

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
It could hardly be the map. You might have changed the passability of some tiles to Not Passable and then you run into them. Or you imported a custom character and one of his poses has an error. Or you actually do have some sort of parallel process running. If it happens on a different map, but only one each time, it may not be an event on a single map but instead a common event or something that globally effects your game. Anyway, if the problem still persists, try uploading the section of the game with the error or tell us what you're doing or did and we'll try to recreate it for you and fix it. But this won't happen if there isn't something like an event affecting it.

Edit: jesus you guys reply fast :mad:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Edit: jesus you guys reply fast :mad:
lol
We have nothing better to do? :3

I agree with grafikal, there's also a possibility of hidden unpassable tiles in that particular problematic map.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Me either  ;9

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Work on Torvena  ;9

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Don't have my PC here. I'm at my parents until Sunday. Then my apartment for a couple days, then back here for a week or two after that. Then college more.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Wow,  you guys are quick to help. I appreciate it.

Well, sorry to say, I fixed the issue. I went ahead and checked the events running as the posts seemed to suggest, and one of my transfers was linked up to an old map. I'm not entirely sure why it was behaving the way it did, but the important thing is that it's no longer an issue. Odd how the simplest of events can screw up the entire flow of the game, yeah?

In any case, I had a couple of scripts running that I got from here (Caterpillar, HP/MP restore at Level up, etc.) but, this was happening before I was even messing with Ruby. I think one of the reasons why this happens so often is that RMVX has this weird (helpful?) dealy that lets you move maps to different subdirectories. I think that may have played a part in it. I'll be more careful from now on. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Cheers

roundeye

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
You should place [Resolved] in the front of your topic title, so that if anyone with similar issues finds this can reference it. :)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Ohhh you mod you. :3