RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Problem with varibles.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?
On one of my maps, I have a event that's a gold colored frog that hops around the map at a fast pace, and if you catch up to him, he gives you something. I set it that so every time the hero enters the map, there is a 1/10 chance he'll appear, yet every time time I playtest(I know it's working), his sprite keeps changing between his frog sprite, and a blank one, making it look a glitch.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 06:04:53 AM by Zeriab »
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Post a screenshot of the way you setup the variable and the event.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Fix your links, please.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Wouldn't it still require switches? I dobut it, but I'm not sure. Yeah, fix your links.

EDIT: Yeah you need a switch, so when the 1/10 chance happens, the switch will activate and the event page with the frog graphic and the movement settings get activated aswell.

Just don't make the 1st event page the switch page.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Fixed the links.
Current Project:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
The first page is the problem. It's set on parallel process. The thing turning the switch on. It's going to repeat itself over and over. It's going to change to a number 1-10 and make it blank. Sooner or later it'll be 1 again and it'll come up. And etc. Also, change the first page of the frog event to Action Button.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
The first page is the problem. It's set on parallel process. The thing turning the switch on. It's going to repeat itself over and over. It's going to change to a number 1-10 and make it blank. Sooner or later it'll be 1 again and it'll come up. And etc. Also, change the first page of the frog event to Action Button.
Ok, so how do I fix that problem?
Current Project:

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
You've got to be joking.

How do you expect to learn if you don't do anything for yourself? Trial and error.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
I fixed it.
It just seems every few hours, I run into a error of some kind, like I have bad luck.
Current Project:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Read more RMXP tutorials, Miles. :police:
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
I fixed it.
It just seems every few hours, I run into a error of some kind, like I have bad luck.
Or it's maybe the fact I have a somewhat crappy computer...since I know my comp has +800 errors.
Current Project: