RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What in the world is wrong with this graphic event!?

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania

Why can't i get this to be placed in the right place?! The grid's (I think thats what its called) are preventing me from placing this event on the right place!

Is there any way i can get it to be in the right place of that castle? 
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
That door graphic takes up three space, and since your pathway consists of 4 tiles, you won't get it even. Make your pathway consist of 5 tiles and place the graphic on the third tile. Problem solved.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
Such a cool response. Thanks.  ;)

"Doumo Arigato, Lara-San."
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You could also edit the charaset a couple of pixels to the left... Also, you should make a wall behind the door so it doesn't look like weird at the corners.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Oh...
I thought it has to do with layers :O
Arlen is hot.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Loooooool. I think that is an event, at least. Because doors are only events, I think...

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Uh, you should make the wall solid.
And then overwrite it with the door event !

Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Loooooool. I think that is an event, at least. Because doors are only events, I think...
he didn't say so, but if it is the Leventhan's way should work.
Arlen is hot.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah. Also, I hate how dumb Enterbrain was. >_> They decided not to make doors be symmetrical (IE 3 tiles so it can be made symmetrical)

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
Quote from: mastermoo
Yeah. Also, I hate how dumb Enterbrain was. >_> They decided not to make doors be symmetrical (IE 3 tiles so it can be made symmetrical)

Exactly. Most of my maps end up symmetrical, even though i try not to,  :D

That's why i was so irritated by that gate.
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

They did that so that the hero sprite would enter the castle at the middle of the doorway, and not offset to one side or the other.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

They did that so that the hero sprite would enter the castle at the middle of the doorway, and not offset to one side or the other.
And also to reduce teleport events.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.