RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Mapping skills/common events to keys?

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I beat Twilight Princess faster than you
Is there a way to activate a skill by pressing a key? Or activate a common event by pressing a key? I'm sure there is, but how do you do it? I'm sorry, I know this must have been asked before, but it's not letting me search.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:32:19 AM by Arkhan »
Current Project ~ Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG
Just as a note, I fully understand variables and switches, so there's no need to treat me like a noob :D

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I think you'll need those branches, that if player presses "a" for example, this happens.
But im not good in that, if you are you can work that yourself, or someone may post what exactly to do..
Arlen is hot.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
YA !

run game and press F1 ( test game )
and look up your buttons.
After this go to common events and use conditional branch..

I've tried making a common event with "Parallel Process" as it's trigger, but then what does condition switch mean?
Just as a note, I fully understand variables and switches, so there's no need to treat me like a noob :D

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
if you are trying to make an action battle system,

save time:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,9533.0.html

if not, reply here, and I will try and help you out.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
give me like 2 mins to set this up for you.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
here's how to activate your commen event, by pressing the button W (by default W is set as R)

set up a normal event on the map like this:

the conditional branch is set on script whith no else...and the script is this:
Input.trigger?(Input::R)

then on your common event set it up to use the switch that you made the first event turn on (in my case switch 1)

for me if I press W in game right now, I will see the message that shows up in the common event

Thanks, Nouman. Just one more question... actually kind of two. How do you know what key (e.g. W) is set as what (e.g. R), and how can you change that, so that for example W is set as W?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
click playtest then press F1

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
By default:
A=Shift,Z
B=X
C=Space,Enter,C
X=A
Y=S
Z=D
L=Q
R=W

Btw, nouman, and arkhan I guess, for the parallel process the conditional branch should have else> switch Commonevent OFF, assuming you want it to turn back off afterwards.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Maybe you could set it to Switch off at the end of process and than it will be repeatable .. 

Not ?