RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Music Composition

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
That's what I actually look like, for real. Ugly.
My brother arrowone always is screwing around with Tabit and Synthfont, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. After an hour, I came up with this. I appreciate all criticism, positive or negative, because I don't think this song has reached its potential, if any. It's a possible opening theme for a game I'm working on. Play time exactly 1 minute.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:04:14 AM by irock »
*various flatulence*

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I don't have time to listen to the whole thing, so I'll comment the few seconds I was able to listen to.

You're good at creating atmosphere. The problem is the percussion. The *whack whack* ... *whack whack* didn't seem to go with the mood you were trying to create.

If at all possible, find a good cymbol font, and create a rim effect (not rim shot, but where you roll the rims of two sumbols together, it's a rain like sound) getting louder till you crash them. Then backing of again.

Then I would go into a drum set beat. (tick tick - duga duga tis, d-d-d-d=tis, duga duga tis, t-t-t-t book, budda bump bump.)

Erm, I'm using onomonopeia here, but hopefully you get the opint. Where the book and budda are, use a meduim low drum with a low one. The budda should be a high with the meduim low. The Bump's are the low drum by itself. d's are the meduim low hit for a short beat, and the t's are a hat top sybol (closed) the tis is the hat top (open).
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Dear Tsunokiette,

YOU'RE RIGHT! I listened to my piece of music again and the drums were all like PAP PAP.....PAP PAP so goddamn annoying! Okay, I completely understand what you said, I gotta do a big change to the drum things with the duga duga tis and the sis boom ba. Thank you, I'll get right on it!
*various flatulence*

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Hows the (budity boop bop ti sis) going?
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Eh, the song now sucks. I'm gonna make a new one.
*various flatulence*

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
If you could post the .tbt file, that would be much preferred. I find it better to critique someone's work when I can point out specific problems in the writing.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Nah. Forget about it, the song isn't that good. Too boring. I'll try to write something exciting, but it's hard too with these midi instruments. Some are really good, while others are painful to listen to and, you know, plain and simple, this song sucks. I'll make a new one soon.
*various flatulence*

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's not hard to write with MIDI at all. Actually, I find it much much easier. Here's my latest, since I don't think you've heard any of my stuff.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Well, it's very impressive, but it's just not for me. Not my taste really. It's still really good for what it is though. I'm going to try to write a dark piano piece, but not like to the point where it's SAD! and has DRAMA! I don't like too much happy stuff.
*various flatulence*

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
ILL post a song soon.
Right now i started
and i know its not gonna be a happy ending
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Well, it's very impressive, but it's just not for me. Not my taste really. It's still really good for what it is though. I'm going to try to write a dark piano piece, but not like to the point where it's SAD! and has DRAMA! I don't like too much happy stuff.

Tell me what you listen to. I might have a tab of something you're more into.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Eh...like you said, the drums make my ears...

hurt.

I hope your next piece is better. Besides the drums, it sounded like some Zelda dungeon thingy.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
I like classical, light techno (like the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night kind of Techno if you know what I mean), classical rock (late 60's and 70's) and even RAGTIME.
*various flatulence*