RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Castlevania Art Style

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Has anyone noticed the extreme amount of bullshit in the handheld titles art style past Aria of Sorrow?

Let's take a look:

Aria of Sorrow:

Harmony of Dissonance:

Curse of Darkness:

This is all wonderfully drawn artwork with intense amount of detail and showing the atmosphere of the Castlevania games.

Now let's take a look once Ayami Kojima, the art designer of the games, steps down from drawing.

Portrait of Ruin:

Dawn of Sorrow:

How do you go from this:

to this?!

What were they thinking letting someone design this shit anime style in place of dark, wonderful artwork?! Tell me what you think of the art style.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
they're appealing to their target audience.

Teenage DS owners.

I personally LOVE the old style, and am sad to see it go, but bzniss is bzniss :/

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I'm a teenage DS owner and I don't want to see this shit >:(
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

average/young teenage ds owner then.
it's still their target audience.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 89

Yes but Castlevania series has always been very dark. The older art styles proves how dark the game is. That cheery looking styles makes me sad. ;9

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Pro Tip: Stop whining. Ecclessia is bringing back the old style. K thx.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
What happened to the old style Irock?

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I like the old art style very much, though I never really played castalevania.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The way I see it, if Castlevania games keep being as awesome as they are, I'll keep playing them.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Now it looks sort-of like Pokemon.  ;9
Which is bad. ;9
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

I'm probably younger than anski and i don't want to see this shit.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Pro tip: it's a non issue. They're using the old style again. Topic is silly now.