RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Left 4 Dead

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
So I'm hearing from pretty much everywhere that the versus mode actually kind of sucks.
:tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I haven't played it yet, but I know why a lot of people say it sucks.

Infected can't outright maul the survivors.

As in, a lone hunter can't take out a survivor, you can only do a portion of damage.  The point of the infected isn't to kill the survivors in combat, it's to heckle and grief them and cause damage that adds up and adds up and adds up and eventually wears them down.  It's to cause chaos to break them up from each other so that it's easier to cause damage.

People were expecting it to be a TF2 equivalent, where the infected would be able to maul survivors if they were good enough.  This isn't the case, and that's why they don't like it.

Now, that's all conjecture based on the reasonings and whinings I've seen around the internet ("wtf the infected can't kill anything", etc...) but I'll tell you what I think when I play it.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Actually most posts I've seen are complaining that you can't be just Infected or just Survivor, you have to keep switching. There are also a lot of complaints about the scoring system, but that's probably just a lot of people complaining just for the sake of complaining, which seems to be the majority of complainers.

I don't have the game so I can't speak for myself, I just wanted input from someone here who actually does have it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
the switching makes sense if you ask me, it's like switching from offense to defense in a capture point game in Team Fortress 2.

people complain for the sake of it, I agree with you there.

I played versus just now and it was a blast, you basically get to just piss the survivors off for the whole game, and contrary to popular belief, it's actually quite effective when done right.  I enjoyed myself.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
your gameplay video is old it still shows louis as having the semi-afro thing going.

this game is epic. i got disapointed when i saw the hl2 cinder block however. tut tut reusing models...lol

anyway the detail in the scenery in this is immense. in blood harvest theres a cabin building thats a safehouse with a bucket with a toilet seat ontop complete with shit in the bucket. theres also cows.

matchmaking however sucks. theres so many shitty servers out there that i lag out of every other game. Lobby style matchmaking also allows idiots to run riot. I once was in a verses lobby full of players but the host was afk as a result everyone leaves. Some times people just dont stay in game long enough.

I also got votekicked for no reason by some french guy. A friend of mine was also in the game and survived the votekick to insult and pry the excuse that the french guy wanted to play with his friend. utter noob. desperatly looking for an admin mod and some better server structure style.

Rep:
Level 97
matchmaking however sucks. theres so many shitty servers out there that i lag out of every other game. Lobby style matchmaking also allows idiots to run riot. I once was in a verses lobby full of players but the host was afk as a result everyone leaves. Some times people just dont stay in game long enough.

This seems to be the only legitimate complaint I can find that people are making about versus. And that's hopefully something that will be fixed in the very near future. It seems a lot of people quit too when they want to play infected but end up being human.

I'm looking forward to getting this. I don't want to get it for Xbox, but my computer can't run it so I don't have much of a choice, sans getting better processor and a better video card but I can't afford that and the game, so ;9

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah, the matchmaker makes sense for this game/game concept, the implementation really just needs work.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
If you guys are ever getting hung from behind while your team is 50 feet away, and they cant shoot the smoker because it is out of the line of fire, it's probably me <3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
that doesn't happen cuz I stick close to my survivor buddies, so that when we get mobbed we can help each other quick :)

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Oh you would think that, until two people are pounced, one of you is grabbed, and you're all vomited on.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
that doesnt happen very often, considering it'd take a very perfect situation for it to actually occur

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yeah, but with my team of 4 friends as infected, it is how virtually every attack goes.  We didn't let a fairly decent team we were playing against get past 2% in any level of No Mercy.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I wonder how you describe 'fairly decent'

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
That they tried to stick together, took almost no damage from normal zombies, and I'm fairly sure they could beat the campaign on expert.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'd call shenanigans but w/e

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
ADD ME ADD ME ADD ME!!!!!!

mr_death421 !!!