RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
UPCOMING VIDEOGAMES (Review, News and other stuff before buying a game)

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
@nightwolf
for me, the only basketball game that i like is Nba live series. EA rules.

Had 2004, it ruled.It broke so I borrowed 2008 from a friend.

Looked the same, only better graphics.
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
EA pretty much owns the sports market.
Which is why the games are boring; Lack of real competition.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
2k is a good series too.

Rep:
Level 85
This is MORTRED. the phantom assassin

The much awaited game:

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

It is a completely new chapter in the Prince of Persia universe and it introduces a new gameplay style, and a new graphic design to the Prince of Persia series.

The adventure begins with a new Prince of Persia, a wanderer, a vagabond, returning home from an adventure on a donkey laden with treasure, which he earned on his previous venture. He desires to spend his treasure on many luxuries, including women and liquor. But suddenly, he is caught in a fierce sandstorm. When the sandstorm subsides, he finds himself in a mythical garden of beauty, dominated at its center by a massive Tree of Life.

Gameplay:

The gameplay in Prince of Persia will retain a very similar feel to the "Sands of Time" trilogy, in the sense that the acrobatics, puzzle solving, and combat elements will all still be intact. However, the game is non-linear, so the player is given the opportunity to explore any part of the world at any time they want to.

The supporting character, Elika, will have a large role in gameplay, in a sense where she saves the Prince from death. Ubisoft has emphasized that there will be no way to die in this game, as Elika will save you from any danger. For example, if the Prince slips and misses a jump, instead of falling to his death, Elika will grab him, and set him back on higher ground. Elika can also perform many combat moves, some in tandem with the Prince. If the Prince is downed in combat, Elika protects him as he regains his energy. She also assists in acrobatics. She boosts the Prince further then he can jump alone. She is also very acrobatic, performing the same moves as the Prince, with ease. When solving puzzles, Elika plays a role as well. If the Prince does not know where to go next, Elika will guide him in the right direction.

Other Features:

A new open world structure: A first for the Prince of Persia franchise – now you have the freedom to determine how the game evolves in this non-linear adventure. Players will decide how they unfold the storyline by choosing their path in the open-ended world.

All new for Next-Gen: The franchise's debut on next-generation consoles utilizes Ubisoft's proprietary Anvil engine, the same engine used to develop Assassins Creed.

Platform:
Pc, Ps3, Xbox360
Release Date: Q4 of 2008

Blizzard Fans!!!! FUCKER DIABLO IS COMING!!

Diablo III is an action role-playing game similar in style to its predecessor, Diablo II. The proprietary engine will incorporate Havok physics and feature destructible environments with an in-game damage effect. The developers are aiming to make the game run on a wide range of systems, and have stated that DirectX 10 will not be required. Diablo III will use a custom 3D game engine in order to present an overhead view to the player, in a somewhat similar way to the isometric view used in previous games in the series. Enemies will utilize the 3D environment as well, in ways such as crawling up the side of a wall from the depths into the combat area.

As in Diablo II, multiplayer games will be possible using Blizzard's Battle.net service, with many of the new features being developed for StarCraft II also available in Diablo III. Players will be able to drop in and out of sessions of co-operative play with others. Blizzard has stated that Diablo III is first and foremost a multi-player game, implying that players may still play solo, but will be better off playing with others in group situations.

Classes:
1.Barbarian
2. Witch Doctor
3. NOT YET REVEALED
4. NOT YET REVEALED
5. NOT YET REVEALED

Features:

*  Brand-new 3D graphics engine enhanced with spectacular visual effects and Havok physics
* Numerous indoor and outdoor areas detailing new regions in the world of Sanctuary
* Interactive environments with dangerous traps and obstacles, and destructible elements
* Randomly generated worlds bolstered by scripted events for endless and dynamic gameplay
* Vast assortment of fiendish monsters, with unique attack patterns and behaviors
* New quest system and character-customization options for the ultimate action RPG experience
* Multiplayer functionality over Battle.net with support for cooperative and competitive play

Platform:
Mac OSx, Windows

Release Date: TBA
__________________________________________________________________________________
Metal Gear Topic: (i just read and want to share this thing to you guys)

SOFTIMAGE crafted XSI, software used in creating the stunning models found in Metal Gear Solid 4. Their site now offers a comprehensive (but somewhat technical) look at the process of creating Metal Gear Solid 4, using their software. For those of you that appreciate behind-the-scenes production of video game design, this is a must-read. It is lengthy, though -- so grab a cup of your favorite beverage before you begin.

CLICK THIS FOR THE ARTICLE:

http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/customer_stories/metal_gear_4/default.aspx

-source: www.ps3fanboy.com

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Diablo 3 looks amazing
MGS4 is already out

why does this thread have no Starcraft 2?

Rep:
Level 85
LOL. I know that mgs4 is already out. I just want to share that article that i read awhile ago.
Anyways, I will get some infos on starcraft 2 later. ;D

Rep:
Level 89
Starcraft II
Spoiler for:

Download link for gameplay:
http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml#m5

Gamplay:

http://www.starcraft2.com/screenshot.xml?s=102

http://www.starcraft2.com/screenshot.xml?s=101

http://www.starcraft2.com/screenshot.xml?s=83

to see more:http: http://www.starcraft2.com/screenshots.xml

Features:

Spoiler for:
Terran: The terrans are relative newcomers to the Koprulu sector. They are the descendents of a disastrous colonization expedition launched from Earth centuries ago, its human cargo made up of dissidents and malcontents the government deemed expendable. The survivors of the expedition established three colonies that became the basis for the major power blocs in terran space: the Confederacy, the Kel-Morian Combine, and the Umojan Protectorate. The corrupt Confederacy was overthrown by terrorist and revolutionary Arcturus Mengsk during the chaos of the zerg invasion. Now the Terran Dominion has emerged from the ashes of the old Confederacy as the dominant power, ruled by none other than Emperor Arcturus I.

Forced to adapt to the harsh existence on the mostly lifeless worlds of the sector, the terrans are masters of survival. With neither the advanced technology of the protoss nor the natural prowess of the zerg to rely on, the terran military forces consist of a varied mix of units. From basic but effective infantry like the marines to heavily armed battlecruisers, terran units rely on solid armor, plentiful firepower, and strength in numbers to hold the line. Terrans excel in defensive situations where their bunkers and siege tanks really shine.
Spoiler for:
Protoss: with their highly advanced technology and potent psionic abilities, the protoss once considered themselves the most powerful species in the galaxy. Their war with the zerg has proved otherwise: even the most individually capable warrior cannot overcome such insurmountable numbers. The lesson has been a hard one for the protoss, for their society is built around core philosophies that have been rigidly adhered to for over a thousand years. However, the zerg invasion of the protoss homeworld of Aiur has brought the race to a crossroads: the protoss must embrace change if they are to survive and prevail. Now new tactics and technologies are being brought to bear in the increasingly desperate battle against the zerg, and ancient, terrible weapons the protoss set aside long ago are being unleashed.

The protoss have never been a prolific people and have traditionally bolstered their numbers with a variety of robotic war machines. Individual protoss warriors are unsurpassed in their skills, greatly enhanced by the combination of technology and formidable psionic strength. Nonetheless, the protoss must rely on mobility and surprise to maximize their advantages without getting drawn into a battle of attrition. One of their greatest strengths lies in their fleet, which boasts a variety of ships powerful enough to pound an enemy to atoms.
Spoiler for:
Zeag:he zerg are a race entirely unlike the terrans or the protoss. They are composed of many different species integrated into the Swarm via zerg infestation. These creatures are rapidly and selectively evolved into deadly and efficient killers to further the driving zerg imperative of achieving absolute domination. The zerg make no use of technology to create their weapons, armor, or starships. Instead, these functions are efficiently fulfilled through biological adaptation and planned mutation of the zerg strains. Even zerg buildings are in fact specialized organs within the living, growing organism of a zerg nest.

When the zerg first arrived in the Koprulu sector, they were unified by their absolute obedience to the zerg collective sentience known as the Overmind. The Overmind ultimately directed the actions of every zerg creature in the Swarm, functioning through a hierarchy of lesser sentiences. The first and most important tier of these consisted of the cerebrates, each entrusted with direct control of a sizable section of the Swarm. The cerebrates' commands were disseminated in turn by the overlords, which directly ordered and controlled the mass of zerg creatures both in their nests and on the battlefield.

Although the Overmind was primarily driven by its desire to consume and assimilate the advanced protoss race, it found useful but undeveloped material in humanity. Taking a powerful terran psionic, Sarah Kerrigan, the Overmind evolved a new and unique creature: the Queen of Blades. When the protoss destroyed the Overmind during the invasion of Aiur, the Queen of Blades manipulated the dark templar into eliminating the surviving cerebrates. As a result, she came to dominate the Swarm.
i'll update later  ;8
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:10:36 AM by Kefka »

Rep:
Level 85
@kefka

Thanks for the share bro. I hope the b.net in frozen throne will not die when the diablo3 b.net and starcraft2 b.net comes.. Can't live without my DOTA  :tpg: lol.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Must have prince of persia.

It's the absolute best game series ever. I've played all of them and even if it sucks i'm gonna like it cuz the concept (which i've seen many people blaming, like you can't die and its usually every-enemy-boss). It's pretty good actually. It's new.

GET IT OUT FAST FRCKERS.
Arlen is hot.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I agree.

The new graphical style of Prince of Persia seems really artistic and fresh.  ::)
Enemy design seems really interesting too.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I love Starcraft.
I totally can't wait for SC2
I have it on pre-order already

Rep:
Level 89
I'll probably never play SC2 because its ram requirement for vista are so high. 

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'll probably never play SC2 because its ram requirement for vista are so high. 

512mb ?_?

Rep:
Level 85
Here You go guys:
Starcraft2 Requirements:

What are the system requirements for StarCraft 2?

We'll have more details on specific system requirements closer to the release date, what do know however is that Starcraft 2 will run natively on windows Vista, as well as windows XP and that it will be released for pc and pc simultaneously.

Scalability
You will be able to turn off are dynamic shadows and lighting, which will give you a nice performance boost according to Blizzard.

Will StarCraft II take advantage of DirectX 10?

Yes, Starcraft 2 will be compatible with DirectX 10, and Blizzard is still considering whether there will be exclusive DirectX 10 graphic effects, but the graphics engine will also be very scalable to ensure that a wide range of different systems will be capable of running StarCraft 2. The new engine is also capable of rendering very large units, as well as large numbers of units on screen together.

Physics in Starcraft 2
Havok physics have been integrated into the engine for added realism, this will surely push up system requirements a bit.

Requirement estimates based on what we know

* The graphics engine will be updated and the units look quite a bit more detailed than in War3.
* Shadows are more detailed than in Warcraft 3, and are calculated from a single fixed point, like in AOE 3, but with higher resolution shadow maps.
* Havok physics will be used.

The requirements for Age of Empires (AOE) are:
windows XP, 1.4 GHz Processor, 256 MB RAM, 64 MB video card capable of Hardware TnL.

Based on the similarities of the techniques used in Starcraft 2 and Age of Empires and considering differences like physics based detailed character movements (the protoss walkers for example) and the added graphics detail in Starcraft 2, here's the guesstimate:

Minimum System Requirements for Starcraft 2

Processor: 1.4 Ghz Processor
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics card: 128 MB RAM video card capable of Hardware TnL. DX10 is not required, but will be supported by SC2 and Blizzard are considering adding DX10 specific effects.
Pixel Shader 2.0 (Officially Confirmed)

Harddisk:
Soundcard: A DirectX-compatible 16-bit sound card.
OS: windows Wista, windows XP or pc OS. (Officially Confirmed)
Connection: Access to Blizzard Entertainment's online gaming service, Battle.net, requires a low-latency, active Internet connection rated at 28.8 Kbps or faster.
Multiplayer games played over a LAN require an active connection to a TCP/IP network.
_________________________________________________________________________________________ __
_________________________________________________________________________________________ __

White Knight Chronicles:

In this fantasy RPG, you take control of a boy who comes into the possession of an ancient artifact. The artifact gives him the ability to transform into the White Knight of the title, a 7-meter warrior from a time when such creatures nearly destroyed all of civilization.

Platform: Ps3
Release Date: December 31, 2009 U.S(hehe)

Shirokishi Monogatari (Japanese Name Version)
Release Date: December 25, 2008
Release: Japan

I will posts some infos sometime regarding this game. ciao!!!!