RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Recolouring the water tiles has had a very good effect on the mood of the map. Brightened it up a bit from what it would be with the murky brown default beach.

Rep:
Level 84
@liberty: I like your map. 10/10.  One question for you though...where did you get the flowers for the trees? I've searched everywhere for a tileset that had the flowers on the trees and such, but I can't find any!

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
wow someone necroposted. LMAO.
Now Your nightmare comes to life.

[RMXP] CRYSTaL KNigHTS: The First Dawn - 20%
[RMXP] White Ruins - 10 %

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I think it's a bit overloaded with details. Maybe you can make the player's way more clear to walk, reducing the details and some water tiles.
The rest looks good for me. 7/10.

A map that I made for a contest. It's my latest work, I'm don't opening RM by these days.

Now that's one realistic beach, thumbs up.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Finished some retro CBS scripts.

(Guess the game and win a cookie)

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009

Rep:
Level 76
Noctis divi almam vestram protegant!
Robotrek!

Yeah. I though the same when I first looked at the screenshots.
Looks really nice, I'm curious to see this battle running in-game.

And thanks everyone for the good comments on my map.
I try, but my english sucks.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
what's that green and red thing in the front?

they don't fit in the rest of the image for me...

6-10
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
They're basically "facesets", but they're placeholders for the time being. I'm going to have them re-drawn by a friend of mine when I am closer to releasing a full version (wouldn't want to waste his time).

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
I'm not so sure about the use of anti-aliased serif text there. Why not stick to the RM font you were using for the exploration interface elsewhere?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Hey, I started mapping out a council chamber for my game, but it feels a little too empty. I don't know what I could put in it to liven it up, though.

Spoiler for:

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
It IS a little empty, but for a map like that, it doesn't look like it needs much deco. Try some weapons on the wall, maybe some statues, some windows... y'know what I mean? I give this a... 7/10. But I'm a terrible judge.

Anyway, here's my outdoor castle screenshot. 49 x 51, it will be seen in my game, there's a link under the screenshot to the page.
Spoiler for:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,39366.msg456133.html#msg456133

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Hey, I started mapping out a council chamber for my game, but it feels a little too empty. I don't know what I could put in it to liven it up, though.

Spoiler for:

Just use an image to make it darker, specially on the boarders, that would fix your problem!

7/10
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
It IS a little empty, but for a map like that, it doesn't look like it needs much deco. Try some weapons on the wall, maybe some statues, some windows... y'know what I mean? I give this a... 7/10. But I'm a terrible judge.

Anyway, here's my outdoor castle screenshot. 49 x 51, it will be seen in my game, there's a link under the screenshot to the page.
Spoiler for:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,39366.msg456133.html#msg456133

well, Mr. Van-til (couldn't resist because I am a stupid nerdy bastard), I think that, if those are residences in the corners, it makes for a very strange town concept... Not only is it only 2 houses, but the castle wall is formed around them, and they are just out-of-place looking.

But, if it is some sort of entryway for the castle, the wall formations make sense, but they still look horrendously out of place and strange... so, it basically comes down to: do something about those purple-roofed houses.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Ha ha, yeah they do look out of place. They aren't houses though. They're small buildings specific to the castle. One of them is a church, and the other is a pub... yeah okay I'll make them bigger. And possibly change the material of the roof and wall.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
that would be best, just make it look like part of the castle just have something to let the players know that "hey this is a church, and this is a tavern.
Now Your nightmare comes to life.

[RMXP] CRYSTaL KNigHTS: The First Dawn - 20%
[RMXP] White Ruins - 10 %

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
I'm not so sure about the use of anti-aliased serif text there. Why not stick to the RM font you were using for the exploration interface elsewhere?

It's just to make certain cutscenes stand out a little bit more. The images are currently placeholders if I am being honest, I am going to have the "facesets" drawn out in a different style by a friend of mine when the project nears completion and the background images will eventually look more comic-book like than they do now.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

I think I've improved my mapping with VX, and I'm starting to learn a bit of scripting, enough to at least make decent sized edits to existing scripts and make simple ones of my own. That's a modified version of Modern Algebra's Quest script.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
i like what you're doin' Zylos... Also, i love your dialogue too, although that isn't the point of why we are all here, is it?

Well, forgetting that... I say this is a 7-8 out of 10 only because some of it just seems... empty... And other parts just don't seem plausible (on both counts, I speak of the second image)
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
*Yawn* Break Time's over.

Spoiler for:

My mapping got rusty . . .

=======
Supa Fix ~

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:25:39 AM by Sunny Milk »

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Another Battle System Finished.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa986eQjyws" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa986eQjyws</a>

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That looks awesome TDS. Great job!

@Sunny Milk - the new screenshot looks way better, but the other ones were OK too, just a little bland.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007