RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
You call that really quick? o .o Man, I'd be interested in what you can do with VX RTP after hours of work.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Hah, well I kind of have system as to how I make maps, so something like that takes like 10 minutes maybe.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion

Practicing the mapping style for GIAW, just a lil throwaway map.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Joy . . . I love how the gradient of Yellow & green floods in so naturally . . . How did you do it? 0_o

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yah, that looks very natural and fantastic

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yeah, the fantastic flood is natural, Joy.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Dong all the mapping in photoshop, ultimate control.

Rep:
Level 85
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYbPihUU6PM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYbPihUU6PM</a>

A multiplayer game I and five others are working on. We are planning to release it on indie market place at the end of the summer.

www.junglefriendzy.com

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Ahh, fuck, my interior maps look like piss compared to everyone else's.

A little help? (Not good with large interiors.)
This is supposed to be some kind of conference room with a small storage compartment.

Rep: +0/-0Level 79
>=C
Ahh, fuck, my interior maps look like piss compared to everyone else's.

A little help? (Not good with large interiors.)
This is supposed to be some kind of conference room with a small storage compartment.

It looks a bit empty, like the room is too large or something. What I would do is try making the table larger, put more filler stuff in, try to squeeze in another room, or just make the map a tile or two smaller. Try all of those and pick whatever looks best ;D

Also, adding windows somehow just makes every interior map I see look a lot better. Of course, having a window in a closet in the middle of a building doesn't make much sense, unless you have this awesome, bad ass idea for an RPG in which the protagonist lost his phone in the Winchester House and you're making maps for it.

Eh, might as well add in my half-done half-decent map I've got going on.

It took an hour or two. I had to mess with the cliffs a lot to get them to look nice, and they still look meh =/

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
NEVER use .jpg files when saving with MS paint. The colour loss is amazing.
Otherwise, looks pretty nice. I noticed that it's a bit empty, but you said it was half-done, so yeah. (Oh, and do I have to add my own screenshot?)

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke

It looks a bit empty, like the room is too large or something. What I would do is try making the table larger, put more filler stuff in, try to squeeze in another room, or just make the map a tile or two smaller. Try all of those and pick whatever looks best ;D

Also, adding windows somehow just makes every interior map I see look a lot better. Of course, having a window in a closet in the middle of a building doesn't make much sense, unless you have this awesome, bad ass idea for an RPG in which the protagonist lost his phone in the Winchester House and you're making maps for it.
=/

I could make the table into a horseshoe shape, like some kind of "League of Legions" or some shit, I guess.

Rep:
Level 81
Yo!
That would take up a bit more room, but really, larger maps do not always equal good. If you have trouble filling up a map, reduce the size a bit. It's surprising how much difference a point or two less can make.

Two from me.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Holy piss, those are pretty badass. Reminds me of nature (and Billy Bullshot. Oh dear...)

I get what you're saying about size. I don't do well with larger interiors because they end up looking kind of... empty. Unless it's a set of compartments or a tunnel or something (I love tunnels, tunnels are my favourite.)

I could reduce the size of the main compartment and add an "office" or something to it; it'd look a bit more convincing, I think.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Dong all the mapping in photoshop, ultimate control.

Yeah, tried that once or twice. The trouble for me comes from getting everything aligned. More often than not I find myself unable to stick with the whole 32x32 grid shit, which ruins the whole deal.

Anyway, finally 'upgraded' to VX the other day. Getting used to the new gui was actually pretty smooth. I can't wait to really work with it. Anywho, here's a small bit from a map I have just finished up. Pretty good for only ~72 hours of experience.

Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
It's been a while.

Finished the menu of my game.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptFROyE8fa0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptFROyE8fa0</a>

Also the battle system is done.

Then I got tired of working on my game and since I can't find a project to work with, I decided to replicate as many features as possible from old games.

Starting with... Final Fantasy I.

Rep:
Level 86
~~~
O_O; Zanaziel... It looks amazingly well set up! I wish I could do all that, but there is no way I have that skill!
The Pessimist By The Lake In The Forest

Check Out Savarast's Resource Page, I do Requests

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Wow! Everything looks great Zanaziel! Nice stuff. I can't wait to see a demo.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:47:28 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke

It's a section of a port town. This is the one I'm most worried about, since it has a huge open area in the middle of it for trees to grow and such.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
It's not bad.
A few things, though:
The top house looks too narrow. Have you tried it with a height of 3 roof tiles?
The windows of the houses are oddly placed.
The pavement looks weird. There need to be more objects placed on the pavement or something, because as it is it just jumps out and clashes with everything else.
The back of the houses look strange. I don't know what it is, but the immediate use of trees and tall grass behind a house looks bad to me.
I also suggest that you either move the third house on the bottom up to align with the other two, or make the pavement 2 tiles deep instead of 1, just to see how it looks.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Okay, I fixed a few of the things, but I do have a question:

What kinds of things would I put on the pavement?

Also, I've included a screen of another map in a different game I'm working on.

Rep:
Level 84
Nothing lasts Forever.

Im fleshing out the areas of my game at the moment and getting their overall feel. This is of the Divia Mountains, where all of my characters travell too. I used a tileset add on for this, but I forget who it is made by so remind me if you know. The character sprites are made by me and the Fog is from the RMXP RTP

Rep:
Level 97
Might be grafikal's http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,34415.0.html

I think I recognize the mini stalagmites from that.

Rep:
Level 84
Nothing lasts Forever.
T'was, thankyou for that.
Anywho... any map criticism?