RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 82
uh thanks :D. I'll do some improvements then
The Centra Triliogy.......
Centra: Rise of Tiamut currently in production......

Destiny's will be fullfilled............

Rep:
Level 83
RPGCreation.net
@eto111
I agree with Irock, add a little more detail and the counter and stove shouldn't be against the wall like that. Other than that, you did a nice job on them.

@Loaded
I like the title screen, and the windowskin really goes with the title. :P

Rep:
Level 82
ok thanks for the feedback guys I will edit them take what you both said into consideration
The Centra Triliogy.......
Centra: Rise of Tiamut currently in production......

Destiny's will be fullfilled............

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep:
Level 83
"Stop staring and focus!"
Project of the Month winner for January 2010
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 02:10:38 AM by grafikal »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
=o not bad =)

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
One word. WOW!

Rep:
Level 82
Dreamers often lie.
:o Whoa. Nice.

Spoiler for:
(Rather large screencap, and it still bit off a chunk of the right side)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:27:38 PM by Drakusatheon »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Not bad.

The door overlaps the rubble on the right. I'm also not a big fan of the arches on the left and right of the building; it looks bizarre and somewhat unbelievable.

(Rather large screencap, and it still bit off a chunk of the right side)
Way too empty. Add bushes, plants and other items. Your dirt path is too square. Dirt paths tend to be more natural and rough. I'd also make the grass patches more rough and populate the area with more of them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 06:37:24 PM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 82
Dreamers often lie.
Duly noted. Thanks for the advice.
All right, so I made the dirt road rougher, added some miscellaneous pebbles on it, more shrubbery and flowers, changed the layout of town square, and worked to close some of the gaps.

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Much better. I'd still add more of these things to make it look less bare.

Also, I'm not a fan of using the overworld ocean tile for water outside of the world map. I'd use the ones intended for that purpose.

For that bridge you have going on there, try using these bridge tiles I made. If your E tileset is full, you can make them into events.

I'd also make the lights 2 tiles high, as they're taller than the buildings. Like this:

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 10:54:57 PM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 82
Dreamers often lie.
Much better. I'd still add more of these things to make it look less bare.

Gotcha. I always worry I'll go overboard and make everything look too cluttered haha

Rep:
Level 102
Added some more suggestions to my post. q_q

Rep:
Level 82
Dreamers often lie.
Holy hell -.O I didn't even realize the difference. I knew there was something off about it.

These bridges look much better. A full bridge instead of two narrow bridges next to each other. Thanks  :lol:

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Here are just several maps I made (BTW I'm totally new here. xD).

These aren't even from my main project. aha. Anyway, they are almost straight Mack tilesets with nothing else other than 4 or 5 RTP flowers.

These were maps for a scrapped mapping project I was working on (IE - Not working on it anymore).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:30:21 PM by Ninjuit »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
is it just me or is anyone else having issues displaying the images in Ninjuit's post =o

i can only see 3 of 6. the beach, the cave, and interior shot.

From what i can see, they're pretty damn awesome :) we don't come across really good VX mappers very often
:P

I think it is tinypic. I'm about to reupload all the pictures to photobucket (as soon as I can). :P

Anyway, my actual game runs at the XP resolution and actually looks pretty sexy. I'll put up screenshots when they become available (and maybe open a topic for my game)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:07:21 PM by Ninjuit »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
That's cool. If you make a topic, I'll be sure to move it for you. I saw like one other shot by loading it separately in a new tab, it took forever, but I only got 1 other image to load. It was really well done too =o

Well I updated the image host to photobucket. If you still have problems then I really can't help.

For good measure I'm going to show what a VX map looks like in XP's res. I like it and it gives me some extra space for HUDs and the Battle Interface.

Spoiler for "VX MAP XP RESOLUTION":
Regardless, I'm going to have to adjust the way I map so that in looks better in the actual game (this is just one of the other maps NOT in my main project thingy). :p
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:37:29 AM by Ninjuit »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
:D Yay! They all show up :) It was Tinypics problem.

Very very nice. You're one of the best VX Mappers I've seen around here.

Rep:
Level 102

You're using your bridges wrong. The vertical bridges should have horizontally long planks and the horizontal bridges should have vertically long planks, not the other way around. The dock/bridge on the left looks completely stupid just floating over the water like that. I'd also put a tree or something in the top right corner.

Other than that, pretty good.

@Irock

-Aha, thanks for actual critique. The bridge things, I never knew I was using them wrong o_0, but I do know that dock thing looks stupid the way it is. I would totally edit that map, but they are just screens from an older project from a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't finish because my HD died (it was just a project to practice some mapping).

Anyway, I'm probably going to end up spriting my own bridges or editing the Mack ones with some shadows and depth to make them look better :|

@Grafikal - Thanks, but there are probably a ton of better people than me xD (StormriderAngel comes to mind, dunno if he comes here though). I still have some things to learn.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:44:42 AM by Ninjuit »

Rep:
Level 83
RPGCreation.net
Ok, I changed up the Windowskin. Tell me what you think now.

Impressive title Loaded, good job.  ;)

I'm not
Rep:
Level 82
Tileset Designing

Rep:
Level 83
RPGCreation.net
No problem, and I'll have a screenshot up soon. Until I find something to screenie  :-[