RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
Maia, those look great.

Wait, why did no one rate my screenshot?
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Rep:
Level 90
Maia, those look great.

Wait, why did no one rate my screenshot?

Your screenshot looks good, but boxy. Boxy tends to be seen as a negative. Of course RPG VX as a whole is very boxy. The detail is quite good :-)
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks. It took me a long time to finish that village...

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
It's some mountain road map I made.

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:59:35 PM by cowking »

Rep:
Level 90
It's some mountain road map I made.

Spoiler for:

This is just a nitpicking thing, but there needs to be huge water pressure / high speed water fall to get waterfalls to sprawl out like that. Shorten up your waterfalls or make the river itself wider.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 86
Rastel Maskil Magister~
Man.... I feel like throwing up....

All these nice RPG's people are making... mine just looks so simple and bland... no matter how much I read, figure out, etc the script system....I don't understand it...

I have tried everything, every single forum in this world and I still don't know or understand how can I personalize my menu, stat, equip windows... and I still don't know how to personalize my message windows.... as you can see I have absolutely no programming background.. >.>

I wish my RPG was as cool as all of yours... especialy Shadow-san and nouman-san Gawd those RPG's seem fantastic~ O_O....Since my RPG will have a bland and plain setting I guess all I can do is try to figure a great story that way it won't look as bad.... hehehehe

but have you guys noticed something?, many people post the coolest sprites you can ever imagine... but you can never find the battlers to go with them... I guess I'll just use them as NPC's eh?

but in any case... great job guys... I'll probably not post my screen shot since its so...well... basic? xD

Rep:
Level 88
but in any case... great job guys... I'll probably not post my screen shot since its so...well... basic? xD

Post it anyway, it doesn't matter how bad it is, people here can tell you how to make it better. And with practice, you can get as good as these people.  ;)

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Yeh, everyone starts out like that anyhow, so just post it and take the feedback with a grain of salt, then come back in a month and unleash uber annihilation. :)

Some new map as an addition to an old place:

East Korbin Mountains or whatnot.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 06:56:24 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 86
Rastel Maskil Magister~
yeah, I think the fog looks really good on that map. Very nice lighting effect

And screenshot:

The E circle is kind of ugly. I am trying to display that something is equipped without highlighting it with the ugly selection cursor. That's obviously not the color to do it with, but do you guys think the idea is salvageable with a different colour or anything?

I think it would work, either way with that color or with a different color i think it looks top notch.

Oh gawd I like sooooo want that CMS~!!

I'm probably not in the exact place but can anyone direct me to your CMS data base?, please don't get me wrong is just that I've been looking for it by myself for 40 minutes now and I can't find it... I did find 2 CMS' but they only allow 2 party members on it... so I'm pretty screwed there; Iwould like to find a not too fancy one all I want is to put instead of the sprite a char face.. and maybe the battle pic on the stat window that would be cool right?.
but in any case I think Cowking-san's mountain map is the coolest, very fit for a ABS don't you think? xD

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That map is amazing Reives

@Klarth - CMS database? I've not actually made any CMSes, except for one that I made a long time ago for fadark. CMSes aren't really kept in any special way on this forum though. I think Rune has a few out (check the Script Shop in RMXP Script Requests) - also Falcon used to have a CMS shop and so maybe there are some in that thread.

Your request is actually pretty simple; I am sure there is a face one out there somewhere, though not at RMRK I don't think.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I just posted a Status screen edit in scripts that includes a battler, why not check that out?
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
OMG Reives 10/10, simply amazing!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space

A Quest Journal Script I am working on for VX.

The Quest Part is pretty much done - just looking for feedback on the design. The script won't be released for a while yet though - the journal part will take some work.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Fucking awesome. Pity we're not using VX for badass awesome quest, or I would totally include it.

Rep:
Level 87
In the end, we realize our insignificance.
I don't know who I'm supposed to judge here, so they get a 10/10 because of my stupidity! lol

Anyway, this is my backwoods city Falgabird! I know it's a little flat, and don't be nice. I want my game looking pretty. And if you're nice about it, I won't learn anything.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Put together some screenshots so we can actually comment on your mapping, like I did here.

Rep:
Level 87
Put together some screenshots so we can actually comment on your mapping, like I did here.
Damn it damn it damn it that'll take me forever with how big this thing is... Alright.. I'll get it done soon... Hopefully! lol

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
@Modern:
Very nice and clean interface. :) Good stuff.

@MagicNinja:
From that zoom, it looks quite good. :> That's an interesting design as well, how the houses are located around the woods in a circle.

~~~

A part of the revamped intro; thanks to Euphony for the original tileset:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 04:55:47 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 97
That looks wicked Reives. 10 / 10

And yeah, MagicNinja - it's hard to tell from that far out, but it looks good from what I can see. There's some great variance in the houses - not easy to accomplish with VX tilesets. It looks like you are using some custom roof tiles, which are definitely useful for VX.

Rep:
Level 87
Alright.. I finally got this closer view done. I did a really crappy job of putting the separate images together but please, bear with me!

>To the guy with that Egyptian looking thing... 8/10! Very cool stuff. I marked it down slightly only because, to me, it looks like you could have done a little more with it.

Rep:
Level 88
I used a mixed tileset of the XP RTP Sewer and Castle3 tileset and I bothered to make this.
Spoiler for:
Its a maze and the main part of a game is likely to be in it.
To know why its here, imagine if there were robotic drones/droids hunting down the four players and you're one of them. Also if there were gates blocking off the way to escape the creatures.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
That screeny scares me. Get it away. :x

I'm positive that isn't normal. You should get that checked out.

8/10 anyway, for the creativity and complexity. Maybe a little too complex though. :P
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
@Reives
9/10 I like the tileset you used for that.

@MagicNinja
8/10 pretty well done.

@Halestorm5
8/10 complex or too complex, how bout adding a time limit and see how a pain in the butt is gonna be.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
-Reives
Nice tileset and lighting. 9/10

-MagicNinja
Size has its own quality. But it might lag with that size. 7.5/10

-Halestorm5
Looks like intestine. lol jk 8/10
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 90
Alright.. I finally got this closer view done. I did a really crappy job of putting the separate images together but please, bear with me!

This looks great! Very realistic, but maybe too big for RPGM VX. Hopefully sprint will be enabled!