RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] chests in 2k3

Rep:
Level 88
i know there is a tutorial for xp but the self switch isn't in 2k3 as far as i can tell so i would like to know how to make a chest in 2k3. Thans in advance.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 07:03:23 PM by Zeriab »
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

"all your base are belonging to us!" awful fantasy 3

"the grapes damb it, it's alway's the grapes!"

Funny anagrams:
Desperation=A rope ends it
Mother in law=Woman hitler
Lottery machine=Money lost in 'em
Election results=Lies lets recount
Dormitory=Dirty room
Snooze alarms=Alas! No more Z's
Eleven plus two=Twelve plus one
Cosmetic surgery="Yes, I correct mugs."
The IRS=Theirs!
Public relations=Crap, built on lies
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
Internet chat rooms=The moron interacts
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13132.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
I figured it out, lol.
Code: [Select]
<>Branch if This Event Down Facing
 <>Move Event: This Event, Turn 90" Left, Turn 90" Left, Turn 90" Left
 <>
: Else Handler
 <>Message: It's empty.
 <>
: End
<>
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Just use a switch to turn it on and make second page with the precondition as being the switch you just activated. Since it's not a local switch, one switch can activate many events.  :lol: Just don't use it on two things if you want them to happen at different times.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
Just use a switch to turn it on and make second page with the precondition as being the switch you just activated. Since it's not a local switch, one switch can activate many events.  :lol: Just don't use it on two things if you want them to happen at different times.
what if i have say, 1000 chests.....that's a lot of switches :(

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
You can cheat a little. Let's say you finish a certain level, and you make it so that the person cannot go in the level anymore. You can just turn off all those switches and reuse them.

It could get confusing though. Unless you name them properly. You could use varaiables too if you wanted.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
so the only way to make 1000 chest is to use 1000 switches/varables O.o that's no god, but i don't wanna restart in XP either :( there has to be a better way!

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!