RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
alchemy

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Alchemy=Chemistry

Plus, if you haven't watched FMA, we are in the Physics world. We can't transmute. (DUH!) 8)
It would be nice if we could transmute...

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
In another way to answer a previous question.

Why does God allow us to sin against Him? If He's so powerful why doesn't he just destroy the devil then and there?

The answer is actually quite simple.
We are in a battle, Satan and his legion on one side, God and his angels on the other.
BTW: For those that don't know, Satan and his legion make up 1/3 of the original angels, they became demons when they tried a coup and failed. Miserably. They hate us because God loves us, and try to destroy us because that will hurt God. And they cannot hurt Him directly.

I'm going to use the parable of a father and two sons. (Not the one from the Bible, but similar)

Both sons despise the father, spit in his face, and desert him. They go to live on their own.
Now which would make the father happier, to force them to return home, or if they made the decision on their own? Let's continue -

The father commands one son to return home, the father has ultimate control over this boy, so the boy returns. The boy is there, but he is still spiteful. This makes the father wonder if it was worth it. Years later, the second son's life comes to a halt, every is taken from him. He realizes how good he had it with his father and returns willingly. When the father sees him, he runs to him and, crying, embraces his son. Both of their souls overflowing with joy,... while the other son stares spitefuly.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
A very nice example, good job with that.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Devil = Lucifer, the very first angel

God wouldn't want to kill his own son, even if he despites him for whatever reason.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Alchemy is not about transmuting materials to gold. It is not about chemistry. It is not about magic.

Alchemy is way of life. That's right. It is a ideology. A religion. And as every religion has it goal, to become perfection, to be resurrected, or to accomplish nirvana, in the same way alchemy has it's goal to accomplish perfection. In that time gold was treated like perfect metal. So alchemists wanted to make other metals into gold to make them perfect, but that was not even close to the core of alchemy, as I said it is the way of life.

Alchemists never, NEVER, managed to accomplished their goal. They NEVER transmuted other material into gold. That was their search for holy grail, that they never accomplished. In the history there were many forgers, that made chemical processes modern chemistry knows about to make some metals look like gold, nothing special, but they earned for their living. So forgery was about making other metal looks like gold, not alchemy. It is true modern chemistry can be very grateful to alchemy, but alchemists never meant to make such breakthroughs, they were only interested in their philosophy and perfection. A digression if you like. You respect Isaac Newton, right? He is a great physicist in your eyes, isn't he? A hell he is. He was alchemist. That was his life. All things he made for physics he made by the way while he deliberating about he's life - alchemy. So no one can say alchemy is bullshit, because it meant much to the world's progress.

And someone mentioned magic? Yes, some alchemists practiced magic. Magic then was popular like quantum physics is today. So they tried all methods they knew to reach perfection.

And Soul (member, not term), only thing why we can make synthetic diamonds from coal is because they are made from same element - carbon. Diamond is allotropic modification of carbon. For instance, graphite is also allotropic modification of carbon. Such different materials and they have same atoms, interesting, isn't it? But they have different structure (bond between atoms). So what scientist made was changing structure of an element. To make gold from some other element, we would need, not only change structure, but to add protons, neutrons and electrons to that metal. And I think, under condition we have technology for such thing, it would be very unprofitable. So, for current time being we can't even dream about it. I believe it will be possible one day (but also believe we will kill each others including destroying our planet before we make such breakthrough).

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Seeing a new post in this topic, I was going to lock it. That was actually pretty good though.

[EDIT:] As far as me locking this topic goes, I understand your point but that isn't what this topic is about. This topic was made by some dumbass who watched an anime and was like OMG ALCHEMY COOL! I wanna do alchemy too! Then tried to say something smart about it even though he doesn't actually know anything about it. There was never really a debate as to wether the practice of alchemy helped drive forward modern science or not. I'd have to agree that it did. However alchemy, and the concept of alchemy, is fundementally flawed. In that, well, it doesn't work. Thats what I mean when I say alchemy is bullshit in response to some idiot who thinks alchemy is cool.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 11:44:45 PM by GilgameshRO »

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
Let's take some definitions from our good friends Merriam and Webster.

Alchemy
1 : a medieval chemical science and speculative philosophy aiming to achieve the transmutation of the base metals into gold, the discovery of a universal cure for disease, and the discovery of a means of indefinitely prolonging life
2 : a power or process of transforming something common into something special
3 : an inexplicable or mysterious transmuting

So, according to definition one: it will never happen and is impossible.
According to definition two: would you really call the steam made from heating water "special"?
And the third definition: ANY TRANSMUTATIONS THAT HAVE HAPPENED IN SCIENCE ARE EXPLAINABLE BY SCIENCE.

Idiots.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Alchemy is dated bullshit!

Honestly, don't say anything if you have no evidence to support your bold statement. Alchemy is indeed real. Here's some examples.

-In 1919, Ernest Rutherford used artificial disintegration to convert nitrogen into oxygen

-In 1964, George Ohsawa and Michio Kushi, based on the claims of Louis Kervran, reportedly successfully transmutated sodium into potassium, by use of an electric arc, and later of carbon and oxygen into iron

Theres your dated bullshit in the works.
There is a fine line between Chemistry and Alchemy.

Converting any of those substances to each other isn't that big of a deal, especially Na to K, since it's basically stripping a few electrons off of one atom. Also, can you cite your sources? The word "reportedly", to me, sounds like a big "didn't, but they like to claim they did."

Also, the fact that the most recent "example of alchemy" that you presented is over forty years old, making it "outdated bullshit", and you have thus negated your argument.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I have officially posted in this topic.

Any ways, Alchemy is just plain retarded. I don't need to back this statement up because it's pure common sense.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
I have officially posted in this topic.

Any ways, Alchemy is just plain retarded. I don't need to back this statement up because it's pure common sense.

But, dude, just boiling water is, like, alchemy!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
CORRECT! It is LIKE alchemy, but it ISN'T alchemy!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I love how there are still people posting in this topic, arguing with members here who haven't been active in over 6 months, hahahahahahahahaaaahahhhaah
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
alchemy is real & practiced all over the world under the modern guise of science.

when an alchemist back a few thousand years ago made something explode, they called it majick.
now when they do it they call it TNT or a nuke or a car & the process is so normal, so automated that no one notices.

the thing with alchemy is its close relationship to summoning & evocation.
those who can traverse the world in search of such precious materials & live surely has the will of the evocation on their side, beknownst or not.  many who die offended their found avatars & the extreme elements or bad equation explodes in their face.

alchemy is intelligent.
wow, i cannot believe there is so much anti-majick bias on a GAME site.  don't any of you play RPgs?
there is no difference in alchemist and warrior, chemist & cleric, pick your names, the power is all the same.

& Full metal alchemist pwns btw
trying to get the japanese versions now that i've completeed my naruto & bleach collection (sorta) ^^
don't let the forum trolls get ya down!

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
alchemy is real & practiced all over the world under the modern guise of science.

when an alchemist back a few thousand years ago made something explode, they called it majick.
now when they do it they call it TNT or a nuke or a car & the process is so normal, so automated that no one notices.

the thing with alchemy is its close relationship to summoning & evocation.
those who can traverse the world in search of such precious materials & live surely has the will of the evocation on their side, beknownst or not.  many who die offended their found avatars & the extreme elements or bad equation explodes in their face.

alchemy is intelligent.
wow, i cannot believe there is so much anti-majick bias on a GAME site.  don't any of you play RPgs?
there is no difference in alchemist and warrior, chemist & cleric, pick your names, the power is all the same.

& Full metal alchemist pwns btw
trying to get the japanese versions now that i've completeed my naruto & bleach collection (sorta) ^^
don't let the forum trolls get ya down!

This is supposed to be intelligent debate.

RPG stands for ROLE-PLAYING GAME. Not REAL, PROVEN FACT. I mean, if RPG stood for that, it would be called SCIENCE.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Seriously. Video games and anime are purely fantasy. Try visiting us in the real world sometime.