RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game Sequels

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Do many people make sequels to there games? I'm just curious to what are the most popular series here.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
If you don't finish a game, you can't make a sequel XD

No one here finished a game, and therefore they can't make a sequel.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Really? No-ones finished a game?
I wonder who the first person to will be...?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I think i will.
Though its gonna take time..

LONG LONG TIME.

I plan to make a sequal, but im not thinking of that now, for now im concentrating on the main game, i dont count my eggs before they hatch.

I dont work on my game everyday..

Once in 3 -.-
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
No, I will. I challenge you.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
There are currently three titles in my Futaiten series:

Futaiten: Book of Days
Futaiten: Book of Nights
Futaiten: Adventures!

But none of them are finished. XD

Someone on here made a game titled Phantasia, and there were about 3 sequels.  Don't remember their username, though, just that I downloaded "Phantasia 4" at one point.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
The user you are thinking of is J-Man.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
There are people here who have finished games. The "no one has ever finished a game" phrase is sort of an exaggeration. It's just that most of them aren't any good, and the VAST majority of games get dropped within a month or so.
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I've thought about doing the original, the sequel and the prequel all at the same time, kind of like the Back to the Future movies.  But then I realized I would need a DeLorean.

Torque

Rep:
Level 90
Really? No-ones finished a game?
I wonder who the first person to will be...?

I finished 3 games. 1 is unreleased, it is called April's Adventures. It is quite ummm dirty and I don't want to be seen as some big pervert. The other was a game on RPG 2K I think it played out to be 20 hours, it was kind of mini game city. Then I finished Maia 2K7 it is in the BETA now, but its really finished with 6 hours of gameplay at least.

Oh and Maia 2K3 has 15 hours of gameplay, the catch is no one made it past 2 hours otherwise I would have finished it. My game Sealed Stronghold is done with 9 levels people played it for 2 weeks then it dropped to the bottom of the forums like a stone. But that is like 30 minutes of gameplay so its not really a game.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
I finished 3 games. 1 is unreleased, it is called April's Adventures. It is quite ummm dirty and I don't want to be seen as some big pervert.

Maybe you would feel better if you looked at FuMannChu's game, then.
:tinysmile:

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Lol, yeah! Play Darkwurld! xD I also will as soon as I find time. I already DLed it. :)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I finished a game once, it sucked hell.
But it was my first shot @_@

Many ppl have finished and they're good, some just did it fast and they turned out....silly @_@
Arlen is hot.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
^The same. I fisnished ONE game....but then it got corrupt by the "map-tree error" thingy. Plus it wa son my old computer. i still liked it tho.....tis a shame it had to go away  :'(

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I completed 4-5 games so far (2003), all tower of weed games. They were all about an hour each, and they were all custom sprites, chipsets, monsters, battle animation, title screen, no rtp. But I suck at drawing so it looked like a monkey made the graphics for the game... the only thing that was rtp, was the system thing.

I was working on a game of tower of weed for XP but it died when I was almost half way done.  :tpg:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
After I finish my fan game, I will create a new series of games, and will make sequals that will continue the story...I have it written out almost. The current game was supposed to be the game that would just make me decent in rpg maker, so then I could make my new game series...but it ended up getting so many replys I decided to finish it strong.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
If you don't finish a game, you can't make a sequel XD

No one here finished a game, and therefore they can't make a sequel.

Meh I won't make a Sequel to DW, but from what little response people have told me it was pretty good.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 10:55:11 PM by FuMannChu »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
So, some people have finished games, but they've been crap, or not as good as they hoped?

Rep:
Level 90
So, some people have finished games, but they've been crap, or not as good as they hoped?

Well the response is lack luster, but not every game can get as much publicity as Aveyond.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Actually I can think of a few RM games that are far from crap. Bliz's game is a prime example. But there are stinkers like Fairy's Gift.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I assure you, even if i take time to finish it, i will make my game, about 5 or more hours gameplay maybe, but its gonna rock.

I'll plan a sequel later..

i thought of putting everything in 1 game then i thought i could get a twist and make a sequel..
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 90
I assure you, even if i take time to finish it, i will make my game, about 5 or more hours gameplay maybe, but its gonna rock.

I released a 15 hour game... that is 15 hours for me, longer for everyone else. No one proved to me they made it 2 hours into the game, so why bother finishing it? I think people only want to play a RPG Maker game to kill 30 minutes or an hour.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Heres how I look at it and althou I havent been on these forums that long, Ive been using RPG Maker for awhile, the thing is people get caught up in the idea for the game and they start production, a couple weeks into the project they relize they liked coming up with the idea more than actually doing the idea. My advice to make a great game and actuallly finish the game is to work on it and when you get sick and tired of working on it, take a break maybe an hour maybe a day maybe a week and then start working on it again. I finished one game but it was only two hours long and used all RTP, it was called Lost Chest and never released on this forum, would anybody like me to post it?, or is 2 hours not enough game time?
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 90
Heres how I look at it and althou I havent been on these forums that long, Ive been using RPG Maker for awhile, the thing is people get caught up in the idea for the game and they start production, a couple weeks into the project they relize they liked coming up with the idea more than actually doing the idea. My advice to make a great game and actuallly finish the game is to work on it and when you get sick and tired of working on it, take a break maybe an hour maybe a day maybe a week and then start working on it again. I finished one game but it was only two hours long and used all RTP, it was called Lost Chest and never released on this forum, would anybody like me to post it?, or is 2 hours not enough game time?

30 minutes is enough game time just so long as it is finished people will play it.

I always come out with demos and things, because if the people are motivated about a game being complete, I am motivated about a game being complete. It is far easier to come up with an IDEA than to actually do the work, which is why some people INVENT things and other people come up with the IDEA for things.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
maia's right. If it's "finished" people will play it. I would. For example, I wanna play Lost Chest, simply because the title intrigues me, and you say its finished.