RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Too cliche?

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
Hello all~

The first game I ever made with RMXP, was a game called "Jewel Legend: The Crystal of Evanglon". I went over it again earlier today, and renamed it "Jewel Legend: Myth of Evania". I told my friend, and she said it was "too cliche". I was kinda disappointed. Please tell me what you guys think, as game makers, and players as well.

Thank you~! <3
why are you looking down here srsly i mean, my post is up there.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
is it about collecting Jewels? :)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
Lolz, no. That would be like..

"JEWEL PACMAN :DDD"

Which I've seen before.. -shudder-. No, it's a fantasy RPG. A kind of first in a saga. It involves only a few characters, and it's not very long. It was my first ever game, after all~

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well I think he meant is there a Jewel that's important to the plot?

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
Well I think he meant is there a Jewel that's important to the plot?

Ahhh! I see. Yes, there is. The Crystal of Evania. It's supposed to be the most powerful thing in the universe. Note the 'supposed to be'. ;D Basically.. it's not all it appears to be.

Oh, btw, I LOVE your sig. It made my day. <3

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
A jewel being important, that's the cliche part. :o

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
Oh, well. XD It's not really a serious game. I'm just working on it, since it has a place in my heart. <3~ I do have lots of other projects to work on - mainly, a Sailor Moon one. XD

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well I wouldn't say it's Cliche because you fixed any cliche value by being like 'Oh you think it's the most powerfull thing in the universe, Guess what it's not!' Addign a twist like that almost always fixes cliche's.

Also thank you on the sig, it took me a while to make because the gif maker I have wasn't working at first so I had to remake that a few times.

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
Well I wouldn't say it's Cliche because you fixed any cliche value by being like 'Oh you think it's the most powerfull thing in the universe, Guess what it's not!' Addign a twist like that almost always fixes cliche's.

Also thank you on the sig, it took me a while to make because the gif maker I have wasn't working at first so I had to remake that a few times.

<3~ Thank you very much. JL is my little RMXP baby. I always end up working on it, no matter what.

And, where did you find the anime image? It seems really familiar.. o_o

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
It was drawn by an Australian web comic artist.  That particular picture is in his DeviantArt gallery.

This is his DA:

http://lowroad75.deviantart.com/

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
/\ As Garygill said. Along with myself alot of people like lowraod75's work.

And yes I kinda ganked the pic from him, but plz no snitching!

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
Nyuu-haha! Does that mean I havez blackmail material?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
>.>
<.<

I don't have anything you could gain thru blackmail.  Except maybe that picture of me with that hat...

but technically, I think threatening to tell LowRoad75 I ganked a picture and used it as my forum Siggy is sufficent for blackmail.

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
Dude, I could blackmail sight from a blind man. It's a special skill of mine. XD

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
So considerign we've agreed you do have blackmail materail on me, what are your demands? Because I'm so not dumb enough to try and weasel out of this.

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
Internet cookie, and a free laptop will do nicely.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Now that Laptop might take a while. Because I'm broke.

FURRY 4 LIFE. Here kitty kitty kitty....
Rep:
Level 87
Quote from: SexualBubblegumX
*shudder* i just had a flashback to the 1st season of digimon

OH SHIT A POWERFUL ENEMY! DIGIVOLVE OH SHIT AN EVEN MORE POWERFUL ENEMY DIGIVOLVE AGAIN! OH SHIT ANOTHER EVEN MORE POWERFUL ENEMY WARP DIGIVOLVE OH SHIT YET ANOTHER EVEN MORE POWERFUL ENEMY MEGA WARP DIGIVOLVE OH SHIT ANOTHER ENEMY THATS EVEN MORE POWERFUL THAN ALL THOSE OTHER ONES MERGE MEGA WARP DIGIVOLVE OH SHIT ITS THE MOST POWERFUL DIGIMON POSSIBLE ULTRA MERGE MEGA WARP DIGIVOLVE

i shit you not that is actually the whole storyline

Quote from: Claire-the-Fruitcake
Lolz, no. That would be like..

"JEWEL PACMAN :DDD"

Which I've seen before.. -shudder-

eww i played that game it was called like picmon or something like that

as for cliche well jewels have always been seen in games, legends, and stories as sources of magic power and energy (see diablo 2) so if you have a game based around jewels no matter what you do its already been done... hundreds of times however SBG has a point if you have a twist its not quite as cliche either way though i've always loved games with lots of magic jewels in them ("let me show you my magic jewels baby" rofl) in my opinion just because something is cliche doesn't make it bad then again thats coming from someone whos favorite form of comedy is(are?) puns
"screaming out the mating call. i've become the lord of love"

caramelldansen forever!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
The Cliche thing is the Jewel being the "Most Powerful Artifact in the Universe" is sorta overly used =/

To Make it like either a Battery of some Super Weapon, a Wish Maker, Fenomenal Cosmic Powers, The Holder of life . . . etc, you'd need to come up with something to make it stand out, or more likely, unexpected

Spoiler for Example:
Let us say, the Crystal can take Human Form, and sorta becomes some humanoid or something, alive, but cannot use all it's "Universal powers" due that stones can't have memories of what they were. So, It won't even know he/she is the Jewel, until like, at the bitter end or half of the story.

That is just an example. =<

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
The Cliche thing is the Jewel being the "Most Powerful Artifact in the Universe" is sorta overly used =/

To Make it like either a Battery of some Super Weapon, a Wish Maker, Fenomenal Cosmic Powers, The Holder of life . . . etc, you'd need to come up with something to make it stand out, or more likely, unexpected

Spoiler for Example:
Let us say, the Crystal can take Human Form, and sorta becomes some humanoid or something, alive, but cannot use all it's "Universal powers" due that stones can't have memories of what they were. So, It won't even know he/she is the Jewel, until like, at the bitter end or half of the story.

That is just an example. =<

:< -snivvel sob-

YOU RUINED THE ENDING D:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
The ending was revealed? Oh damn... I CALL SHENANIGANS!

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Jet Set Radio
Everything's cliched now a days. Because it's been tried and tried again. So don't try going an "un-cliching" it. It hardly ever works. However, adding onto the cliche"ness" can add for a great story.
- My company P:
Detectives

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
Picking stuff that's cliche, just to see how original you can make it, can be pretty cool.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Everything is cliche, some just more than others. :x
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
Good point.

I hate cliche games. Especially Sailor Moon ones

"ONOEZ ITS A POWERFUL ENEMY RECOLOR ETERNAL SAILOR MOON SO SHE LOOKS LIKE CHIBIUSA!!!!11"

Ugh.

FURRY 4 LIFE. Here kitty kitty kitty....
Rep:
Level 87
did you read the digimon part of my post? heh
"screaming out the mating call. i've become the lord of love"

caramelldansen forever!

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
.. no, lulz. I did when you mentioned it, though. Epic win.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Life is ENTIRELY cliché.  What are you guys so afraid of?  Clichés aren't bad.  It's the way you present them and use them in order to narrate an event or series of events, what makes makes the difference.

Remember, guys.  They say that history repeats itself.  What changes is the place, the time, and those witnessing that moment or forming part of it (among other elements I might have missed).

Oh, about the Digimon post... LMAO!  Made me remember yet another anime series:  Dragon Ball Z.  >.>
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:37:19 PM by Arwym Starlight »

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I think DBZ may have more LOL value than Digimon. But I could be wrong.

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
"WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL?!"

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
IT'S OVER NINE-THOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSAAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep:
Level 86
Brits, or gtfo.
WHAT, NINE THOUSAND?!