RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How big do your RPG's tend to get.

Poll

I want to know how big the rpgs tend to get, so I can see whether mine is big or small.

0-10
1 (3.4%)
11-40 maps
0 (0%)
41-60 maps
4 (13.8%)
61-90 maps
4 (13.8%)
91-100 maps
1 (3.4%)
101-150Maps
4 (13.8%)
151- 200
3 (10.3%)
201-300
12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
(actually, imma gonna ask a favour in the resources section...i'm hoping someone will do the basic shape for me XD)

i'm going to do each part of the world large though so even though there are two continents,  it'll be like two large world maps (and there are actually three continents o.O)

Hm, both vincent, damn I couldn't find a cloud one...(he's my fave character, i've been through a similar life and he looks like me (okay nothing like Shinra or the action but just certain things)
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
World Maps, they scare me. There so big.

(Vincents mine, lol)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Holy christ one of you change it. You make me ???

Anyway, I think I'm cutting down each area to 50x50, because that's just simply more manageable.

Rep:
Level 88
I will change asap...*goes to find a nifty cloud one*
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
found a cloud one...

I think I underestimated people's level of mapping.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The one I used before was tons cooler. He was wearing sunglasses, lemme get it for you.

edit: enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 09:31:00 PM by Zypher »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Holy christ one of you change it. You make me ???

Anyway, I think I'm cutting down each area to 50x50, because that's just simply more manageable.

lol, anyway, that is a good idea.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
One of my world maps i 320x240 and the other will be 240x180. I made it for the sake of the 4:3, so I can put a pic of the map into the game and it doesn't look shit.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
4:3?

My world maps are going to be a lot larger...i've just got to find the time to make them...*sigh* (super large) (500 x 500, x2..possibly 3)
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
The only reason mine is so small is because the area it represents is massive.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
My current world map is 450x400... and its so big I could cry  :=: I think im going to make it more like 300x250 as I dont think I need all that space...

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Mine is 200 × 200 now I don't know if I'm gonna make it bigger or leave it.
Because i am also making alot maps outside World map.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
My world map is 350x300. I hate it.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
World maps are overrated.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Yet people worry about how big they are.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
World maps are still a good touch imo, if they are not overdone (/oversized in some cases).

Rep:
Level 88
World maps are good if you know how to do them.

Mine is going to be huge, and fairly detailed, but really they're set journey's from one place to another for teleports and stuff, I don't know I haven't decided for my own, whether to go FF7 style, or FFX-2 style. Cut scene's and stuff will be based on them.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
The light in the middle of a night
I have a load of maps in my project(Not Available) and i have planned that there will be over 250 maps and its a huge multiyear project. Some of these maps are a bit larger than what people expect... I made a castle on about 500x500... SO all the important buildings are there. Like Keep, barrack, towers and such...and 5 of the maps are just the Epilouge, Credits and Prolouge...
I'm a multitasker!
Projects:
Project Nakabi: Dark Killer, and The Dark Clock

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
I have a load of maps in my project(Not Available) and i have planned that there will be over 250 maps and its a huge multiyear project. Some of these maps are a bit larger than what people expect... I made a castle on about 500x500... SO all the important buildings are there. Like Keep, barrack, towers and such...and 5 of the maps are just the Epilouge, Credits and Prolouge...

I fell off my chair when i was reading this...

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I've reached 40 and I'm not even close to even 1/4 done with my game. I shorten down my map numbers by putting smaller maps with the previous map.

I fell off my chair when i was reading this...

Lol! I smiled while reading that  :)

~Winged 

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Yep, I decided to lower my world map size down to 300x250. I think i'll have it so you have to go back to old places more instead of having a series of new places.

pokeball KanOfflineMale
Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Mapping expert.
I'm planning on having well over 1000+ maps, but most of them are on the default 20x15 scale, but I do have a couple maps pulling over the 300x240 mark, so there.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
You can only have 1000 maps in RMXP. Make them bigger instead.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
damn...doesn't that make it lag more, because of the sudden load of events?
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.