RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Please help.

Rep:
Level 88
I hide in the deepest forests of my mind
I have a question, and it is probably a stupid one. I am using rpg maker 2k3 and I need help. I am wanting to make a character run in when my hero is talking to someone and have the charcter say that someone was killed and the person my hero is talking to will ask the hero for help. What would be the easiest way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. :)
Current Project: Sacred Flames
total % complete: 15%

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
I think you can make characters walk and run with events
RPG Maker version: XP

Omfg, who gave me -1 rep? After all I done for you guys!

Recruiting for upcomming game ELVES

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Use the move event option, second tab I believe.

By the way, did you make your avatar? If you did, that's some VERY nice work.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 04:53:31 PM by arrowone »

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you both. i appreciate it. Yeah I did make it thanks

Rep:
Level 96
No problem, you deserve the praise. By the way, did it work out all right?

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah it did. It does part of it. Do I have to do a trigger event for it if I want it to happen after a certain event?

Rep:
Level 96
Yes. The event before hand would have to complete it's programming, then throw a switch. Said swtch would activate another page in the event which controlled the movement of the guy who runs in, which would throw a switch (inside the movement command) activating another page, which continues the dialogue.

...Or is that not what you meant?

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks that is exactly what I was trying to do. ;D

Rep:
Level 96
Not a problem, anytime!

Rep:
Level 89
but if it happens one thing after the next why not just use 1 page...
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Rep:
Level 96
So that the continuing events do not occur while the guy is still walking into the room.

Rep:
Level 89
tahts what wait is for
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
It could be less confusing. Too many commands on one page is a lot of searching for errors.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 96
Exactly. Plus, depending on what the processing speed for your event t is set to, the wait function is, potentially, a lot of unneeded guess work.

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you all very much. I got it to work perfectly thanks to all of your help. Much appreciated. :D