RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pokemon Battle Animation

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
In this tutorial I’ll try to explain how u can make an enemy come to you and start a battle. This tutorial comes with pics to make your life easier!  :P

First of all, create a new event. (If you don’t know how, check FAQ) As character graphic you choose and enemy character (like bug catcher,…). I choose nurse Joy. Then in trigger, you click on autorun. Then click on “New Event Page”.

Then on top you see a new tab is avaible, called 2. Click on it, and again set the graphic and the trigger on autorun.

Now, click on the first switch and then click on the arrow. You’ll see a menu. In the menu you’ll see 002:           . Click on it, and give it the name “Nurse Joy” or whatever.

Now comes there animation part.  First in the list of event command right click and insert. Then choose the second tab and choose set move route. A new window will pop up. Make sure in the left top corner you see player, else change it. Now click on the button turn left. (or where your enemy is standing…) Then, click OK.

Now repeat this, but now select “This event” in the left top corner.  Then click on, move towards player, and in options also select “Repeat action”. Then, click OK.

Now add another action. Now you need to add “wait”. Make it about 20 frames, so the enemy has enough time to approach.

You may add a text like: “Hey you!” (no pic, I'll think you know how... otherwise: FAQ)

Now add the action battle … (see pic)

Now that we have that, we also need something else. You’ll (maybe) know, that in the pokemon games,  The enemy comes to you, when you are in a straight line whit the enemy. So, we create an other event, set the trigger on player touch, and in the event actions choose control switches. Then choose single and choose the switch, “Nurse Joy”. Press ok. Now copy the event over the whole line. (see pic)

Well, done, you are finished. Test it an see!

Here is alse a test file I created: http://www.uploading.com/files/T4YYR7NM/PokeTest.exe.html or http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=55KOKVX7

(I know the pokemon is changed into a girl...  :P )

Sorry for my bad english (if I have), Im dutch...

EDIT: Problems with test file... I'll try to fix this as soon as possible!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 08:23:36 PM by Maglor »
RPG Maker version: XP

Omfg, who gave me -1 rep? After all I done for you guys!

Recruiting for upcomming game ELVES

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Good stuff, mang.

Rep:
Level 88
Wow you just stopped alot of spam threads your a goddamn genius.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
Is this tutorial good enough for database?  :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Were did u get the tile set man its SWEET

:police: Sir your under arest for making me jelous

My Cookie

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
This will be helpful to the untrained mind lol
jk
NIce tutorial, really helpful sometimes.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
Awesome tutorial please keep up the good work,it might be good enough for the database

Give us the tileset 0.0 i really need that, imma try and make a pokemon game

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
Tileset in in the pack: Pokemon Resource Pack (Also mady by me  ;D)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 06:37:54 PM by Maglor »

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
I'm now making a flash verion of the tutorial... and if it is ready, I'll make more!

wow thats amazing well done

Rep:
Level 88
ahhh...
wat if like you want the enemy to stand in the middle of the screen and face random directions and if he/she faces you, they would come to you?
ARGH!!!!!

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
Then you only have to copy the whitches to the other places. Like if you want to make it go in 4 directions, you copy the 1 switch (event) and paste in in 4 lines. like this:

0000X0000
0000X0000
XXXXEXXXX
0000X0000
0000X0000

( 0 is nothing, X is switch, and E is the enemy)

can you do this on RPG maker 2003

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
You can do anything or any maker..
Except scripts i spose
Arlen is hot.