RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do I make a stationary NPC move after talking to it??? (Resolved)

Rep:
Level 82
Just asking, since I do want a stationary NPC to move after talking to him, and if possible another question is how do I make it so when the hero touches said NPC it becomes a Game Over!? O_O :zwtf:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:56:01 PM by starfoxluver »
THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Spoiler for Moving:
When your NPC is finished saying what he/she wants to say, turn on your switch, and on the second page, set their movement type to whatever it is you want.

Spoiler for Game Over:

Not much else to say here.

Just put those two together and you should be set.

Rep:
Level 82
thx 4 the tips ^^

but the problem is that i did everything you said about making the character walking after talking to him...he just stays in stationary mode...I'm  sry 4 pestering u (and prolly the whole site) with my noobish experience.......

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
The first page needs to turn the switch on when you activate the event, therefore allowing the even to run the second page and move.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Sucks that Rm2k/2k3 doesn't seem to have self-switches. :P

pokeball RoyOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 82
My insanity keeps me sane
depending on what you actually wanted

I'm assuming you want him to hmm... walk off screen after being talked to?
I wouldn't even use a switch, try out the move event command, think it is on page 3 near the bottom
put in the directions you want, then a handy "change graphic" (it's under move event) to something unseen. and bingo is your uncle. if you wanted this to only happen once then flick a switch to make the changes perminate

for the other have him set to the trigger condition touched by hero then have the game over comand in the event.

stationary mode need not be touched, unless you want them moving around constantly before or after being talked to
Insanity is the Emergancy Exit, so smile… It's the only way out alive

Rep:
Level 82
I want the guy to stand in stantionary in a position, then the hero talks to the NPC then all of a sudden the NPC starts moving toward the hero (i already got down the whole, npc moves toward hero down, but i need help on making the npc move after being talked to :-[)

Rep:
Level 82
Weeeee!
Ok I know sirius did this already but he forgot to do something (moving pattern).

A picture is worth one thousand words.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:14:31 AM by Blue »

Rep:
Level 82
Ok I know sirius did this already but he forgot to do something (moving pattern).

A picture is worth one thousand words.

thx 4 the pics...but r they supposed to be the same pics? ^^;;;;

Rep:
Level 82
Weeeee!
Soz. One of them is page 1 and the other is page 2. The move frequency and speed is different. So is the movement type. Just make an event that looks exactly the same as the one in the picture. :)

Rep:
Level 82
Soz. One of them is page 1 and the other is page 2. The move frequency and speed is different. So is the movement type. Just make an event that looks exactly the same as the one in the picture. :)
u sure...cuz they're both on the same page ^^;;;;;;

Rep:
Level 82
Weeeee!
oops..... BLAME PHOTO BUCKET!

EDIT: Fixed :p
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:14:58 AM by Blue »

Rep:
Level 82
oops..... BLAME PHOTO BUCKET!

EDIT: Fixed :p

lulz its alright ^^
thx it helped alot :3

Rep:
Level 82
Weeeee!

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Make sure you add a [Resolved] tag to your topic title.