RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I need ideas on introducing my stroyline.

Rep:
Level 87
     Actually, there is no storyline, and that is the problem. If anyone has ever played AdventureQuest, then you will know what I want. The object of the game is to travel around( You will be a ble to travel the entire continent), battle monsters, and basically become stronger. There will be tournaments that you can compete in, but they are not the object of the game, though. I am having trouble introducing to the player the object of the game. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks!

Rep:
Level 89
Eye of the tiger!
So there is no storyline at all? What is the objective of the game? Just to get stronger?

"It wasn't me, a racoon jumped through the window, onto the chair, over my shoulder, through the living room and into the kitchen. The racoon stole the cookies from the cookie jar!" - Jerry and Cheese

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
starting cutscene = major in telling story line
tournaments = can be put anywhere no need to talk about them.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Is it an mmorpg or exactly like adventure quest......my best advice would be to look at what they do and see what you like or look at a game similar like Final fantasy 11

Rep:
Level 88
Maybe you could start off at a school, or via a family tradition, and once they have completed a few tasks that are set loose into the world.
Just an idea, however it doesn't give much to the motivation of the actual character (like revenge, desire, rescueing someone etc)

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
i think the most simplest way is to have a separate place to start errr your own house on the forest thing with lots of stuff but only you and then the 2nd part is you go to a town that's where you get to meet all the npc and other party members that will come and go kinda like legend of mana

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
I making something like yours and all I did was have a seen where you choose your character and when you do you are teleported to first area where there some tutorials (kinda like Runescape)

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
well basically this is the idea i thought of lmao coz this is what my story is like =p :blizj:

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
I thought you didnt have a story

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
well legend of mana has one main story and im after that but basically it has tons tons tons of side story so i figured in a MMORPG kinda like stuff you can use this kind of stuff simply by removing the main story ^_^ to and make an endless sub quest  you just needs lot and lots of event's which will result to lots of lag but fear not i know there is a script which lessons event lags =)

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
so wouldn't sub quest turn into main quest ???

I just got a whole heap of quests which you complete and when you finish every one you can start doing random stuff like fishing :tpg: or killing random monsters or completing the arena and some quests become really long winded so game go on for very long time

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
errr that's what i was trying to say ^_^ but it would be cool if you can have a pub where in you can go there then asked for quest then they pay you for completeing quest either by money or items =) also the tournament stuff is good  :blizj: keep it up then maybee you could get the online script and will see what happens hehe

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
mmmmmmm online script would be very good and the pub thing is intergrated into my guilds

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
quick question how will you set up your battle system default? tactics? sideview? "or the mmorpg style like the one found in basicaly in zelda games? hack and slash"

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
I JUST LEAVE IT AS DEFAULT
Spoiler for:
left caps lock on