RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Having BGM continue into battle [RESOLVED]

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I have an event so that at a certain point, BGM music starts playing, then there are a couple text events, followed by a battle. I want the BGM to continue into the battle, not restart once the battle commences. Anyone know if this is possible?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 06:12:39 AM by tinnybell »
Tinnybell, bringing noob wherever she goes.
~Using RMXP~

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Possible, I did it for my game demo. I'll put the script up tommorow.

~Using RMXP~

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
I would like to see that too.
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
just use an event to change the battle theme to the one you currently have playing, and it should just keep going

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Have you tried that before? If so, share.
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I have before with RPGMaker2003, it worked, have not tried it with XP yet.
the above is a hypothesis

the event syntax looked something like this

"Change Battle BGM"  ;D

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
yeah.  its on the first page.  uh-huh
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That will make the BGM restart though, I think the script Darklord will post will suit him better.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah it does restart :tpg:
sorry 'bout that, thought it would work
(it did in Rm2k3...)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Quote from: modern algebra
The proof of infinite primes is as follows: Assume there are finite primes, then you can write the product of all the primes as p1p2p3...pk-1pk, where each pi is prime. Now consider:

p1p2p3...pk-1pk + 1. No prime which is contained within the product p1p2p3...pk-1pk can possibly divide this since all of them divide that product but not a single one divides 1. Therefore, this number must either be prime itself or have a prime factor which is not a factor of p1p2p3...pk-1pk. But, since we assumed that those were all the primes which exist, we reach a contradiction. Thus, there are infinite prime numbers.
GOD, that's confusing.

Anyways, I remember seeing a topic on this somewhere... They went over that stuff, I think. I'm not sure if they resolved it in the other topic.

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
Maybe if you changed it to none...

No, that doesn't work, make it maybe make some kind of transtition noise then redo the battle music, it might make it seem like its supposed to be that way.
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Rep:
Level 91
I just added an if statement with a switch in to Scene Battle 2 I believe.....I'll go hunt down the Mortuus Concordia demo right now.

Rep:
Level 91
Yes, it's a double post, but here's the script:

Find the method call_battle in Scene_Map, delete it, and replace it with this:
(28 is the switch number I used, but it can be changed to anything, just turn that switch on and no battle music will start)

Code: [Select]
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Battle Call
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def call_battle
    # Clear battle calling flag
    $game_temp.battle_calling = false
    # Clear menu calling flag
    $game_temp.menu_calling = false
    $game_temp.menu_beep = false
    # Make encounter count
    $game_player.make_encounter_count
    # Memorize map BGM and stop BGM
    if $game_switches[28] == true
      $game_temp.map_bgm = $game_system.playing_bgm
      $game_system.bgm_stop
      # Play battle start SE
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.battle_start_se)
      # Play battle BGM
      $game_system.bgm_play($game_system.battle_bgm)
    end
    # Straighten player position
    $game_player.straighten
    # Switch to battle screen
    $scene = Scene_Battle.new
  end
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 04:47:53 AM by Darklord »

Thanks a lot (sorry woulda replied sooner but I had the wrong email set for notifies >.>)

Got it to work, yay!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 06:12:24 AM by tinnybell »
~Using RMXP~