RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need Help- Throwing Weapons (Resolved)

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I need help trying to make throwing weapons, and, if you can do it without scripts, make it to where only one character can use them.

I'm using the standard battle system with RPG Maker XP
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 12:45:48 PM by Forcystus »

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
How do you mean, like an ABS ?

Rep:
Level 87
If you are using DBS you could always create a throw technique that calls a common event. It would take a bit of eventing, but it works. If this is what you want, I'll write up a tut on it.
Refrain from calculating your juvenile poultry prior to the incubation process's execution.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
...uh, sure, i dont care how u fix my prob, except scripting, I hate scripting

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I NEED HELP

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Firstly, what version? 2k3? XP? Also, what battle system are you using. Are you using the default or did you get a script. With default battle system in XP it is really easy - one way is to make a technique which costs no mana and only works if you have the item you are throwing. Identify the maker and the battle system and it will be a lot easier to help you

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Sorry, I just updated.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

Rep:
Level 87
If you're just using the battle system in XP, Just change the attack animation to the on of the kind of weapon you use.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Wow, Kipe, your first post is surely helping.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
...Does this really need a script? It seems like it could be easier...Sorry if I sound like a brat.

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
Well, here's how you'd do it not too fancy.

Take your skill,the name of the thrown item. Name it that ( the actual items name of course).  The icon doesn't matter, nor does the description, nothing matters except for Scope, target animation, common event, and the stat stuff at the bottom. Scope should be 1 enemie or all enemies depending on which you want.
Target animation is a little hard- press apply, then X out and see if you have a picture of what you want the attack to look like (such as a throwing knife or whatever.) If you do,go back to database and go to animations.  If not, go to material base and import whatever it is you DO want into the animation graphics folder. 

On animations, make on titled the name of the thrown item and choose the animation graphic as the desired pic.  Then, click on the #001 under the back button.  Select the picture of the whatever at the bottom and click on the picture where you want the animation to start.  Create a new scene (that is what these are) and put the pic in the spot you want it to go to next, etc etc till you have your desired animation.  then, apply, then go back to skills.  Add the new animation as your target animation, the apply and go to target Common Event (the tab at the top)and input this:

Then go back to skills, make a new one named throw and set everything on it so that it is blank and does nothing, but make common event the one you just made.  Then make the thrown item. And you're done.

Here's what it'll do:

You open a chest and find "Rising Sun" (thats my thrown item name)  and get into a battle.  You're character uses Throw, and then it'll say thrown up top, then it'll say Rising Sun and attack.  If you did not have Rising sun, it will say "Throw Failed."

Helped?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 08:24:28 PM by theguywithproblems »
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Yes it did, just repost the picture. All I see is an X

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
I'm having problems, go to the following URL to see the pic:

http://theimmersion.tripod.com/tut1-1.jpg
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 08:29:10 PM by theguywithproblems »
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
...still no

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
There, fixed it, but don't click on it copy and paste into the address bar.