RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
moving an event? (resolved)

Rep:
Level 88
why is it that when I use a move event, and out one "Move Down" thing on it, the vent wont stop moving down?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 06:34:32 PM by gotix »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Is the box labelled "Repeat Action" ticked.

Rep:
Level 88
Is the box labelled "Repeat Action" ticked.

nope, it's not. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but After it moves, It turns a switch on and makes that event go to the next page ???

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
try using the option "wait until moves completion" and if you can post your event page here.

(and you are talking about moving a person right? or is this scroll?)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
try using the option "wait until moves completion" and if you can post your event page here.

(and you are talking about moving a person right? or is this scroll?)

It's this switch, and when I press it the chest event goes to its second page. The second page in the chest event is a chest graphic and It has a move event in it. The move event is done like this-

Here is the third page of the chest event-

The fourth page is empty.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
so the chest is going to move down?

what exactly do you want to happen? this be be simple if you want jsut the chest to open and give you an item.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
DOnt paralell process !!

That will repeat it..
but not if you just use a normal graphic

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
easy chest:

page one:

page 2:

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Yes that's like..
What i was trying to tell him.

Rep:
Level 88
I just want it to seem like it falls, just an eye candy thing.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
....Im lost.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
I don't think chests can move. But wouldn't it be better to use the JUMP button instead? It may look better
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
I don't think chests can move. But wouldn't it be better to use the JUMP button instead? It may look better

it does move, but it doesn't stop moving =D. w/e ill just make it appear.

Rep:
Level 90
It won't stop moving downwards because you put the Switch operation inside the Move command in your second page. If the switch operation is part of the Move event, it will ignore it while parallel process is on. Delete the Switch inside the Move event, and create a separate command (a normal switch operation) below that, so it will perform the switch right after the box moves. Make sure the second page IS on parallel process or it won't work. Then the third page can be the chest where you get the treasure.

Chests CAN move. Just make sure that it doesn't animate when it moves, or it'll look kinda silly. But that's it. I've tested it out and I got it to work for me, so hopefully it'll work for you.

Good luck. :)
Charlie was a scientist, but Charlie is no more.
For Charlie thought that H20 was H2S04.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Oh, I never thought of that.

Rep:
Level 88
It won't stop moving downwards because you put the Switch operation inside the Move command in your second page. If the switch operation is part of the Move event, it will ignore it while parallel process is on. Delete the Switch inside the Move event, and create a separate command (a normal switch operation) below that, so it will perform the switch right after the box moves. Make sure the second page IS on parallel process or it won't work. Then the third page can be the chest where you get the treasure.

Chests CAN move. Just make sure that it doesn't animate when it moves, or it'll look kinda silly. But that's it. I've tested it out and I got it to work for me, so hopefully it'll work for you.

Good luck. :)

yay! thanks.