RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] [SOLVED] Area tint

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
I've been looking for a script that sets an area tint or a way to set more tints into a map.

For example if i have a big dungeon and want to set different tints in each part without using lighting or if I'm making an indoor and make each room in the same map space but I need to have a different tint in each room.

What I'm looking to do is having a light-switch so that when it's night I can press it and the tint goes from dark to light, Problem is... I'm making all the rooms in the same map space so If i do that with the normal tint event all the rooms will have light and not just that one.

I'm making them in the same map space because it feels easier to do and also because i need some events to move from a room to another and It's impossible (is it?) to do if the rooms are in different maps.

Thanks In advance =)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:32:34 AM by modern algebra »

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
I'm almost positive you can do this in events. I made a forest with purple hazy clouds, so I'm sure you're able.

Rep:
Level 75
I don't know about the area tints but you cant make events move from one map to the next but you can make two identical events and have them activate or deactivate with a switch so the event walks to the edge of the map and disappears via switch and them you walk into the next room and the switch activates another event that does the same thing. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You just event it identically on each map. if you ever want to turn it off, you would have to use the same switch for all of them. I'm pretty sure you can tint it, too.

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
I don't know about the area tints but you cant make events move from one map to the next but you can make two identical events and have them activate or deactivate with a switch so the event walks to the edge of the map and disappears via switch and them you walk into the next room and the switch activates another event that does the same thing. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

You can if you put all the maps into "one", problem was the tint covers all the map not just one, and if i had to do it with eventing i had to turn on a switch and off the tint in each door, would have been easier with an area script.

But then I noticed i needed lots of events anyway, and mapping the way i thought generated way too much lag so I decided to do a map for each room taking away the lag and just using the way you said for that particular event i needed to move in each map, so I don't need this script anymore =).

Thanks for the help guys!

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Glad to help in any way I could :) I'm still learning, too. But that's definitely something I learned to do in my last game. Good luck with your project :)