RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Student Teacher Organization [CLOSED]

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Make him debug code! After the banging his head against the wall, crying, and possibly suicidal behavior, he should go insane and become one of us.

Shaz, I can give you some tips for mapping:
MSN darklord360@gmail.com

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
Thanks for the praise ^_^
I am not at going bald due to you. Isn't rather you who is going somewhat bald ;)
You are a fine student, so I am happy with that.

It's modern algebra who is making me go bald. He doesn't even like my idea of fun. :>):
I know the solution. Make the tasks even more complex >:3

That reminds me, I have taken modern algebra as a scripting student.
I am currently not open to anymore students.

I do hope we can revive this and make it big again.

Haha, your idea of fun is... unacceptable  :lol:. Just joking

I feel like I've neglected moo terribly and I'm sorry. If you read this, I will try to make you an eventing lesson in the next couple days

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol, I told you, it's okay. Just take your time on things. If anything, I'd like to find out how the hell you became so good at scripting. >:(

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
 ;9 So do I...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Lol, I told you, it's okay. Just take your time on things. If anything, I'd like to find out how the hell you became so good at scripting. >:(

modern is able to withstand my torture. (shaz as well, she can even handle more than modern)
If it doesn't break you it makes you very strong ^_^

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
If it doesn't break you, you'll be hurting a lot and won't have any peace. >:(

Rep:
Level 87
yeah - I can testify to that.  Finally Zeriab admits it's torture... and here's me giving him the benefit of the doubt thinking he's only trying to HELP me! :D  You know, I almost HEARD your evil laugh on your last request - just when I was feeling so good about it...

Falcon thanks - I'll be in touch!
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'd like to find out how the hell you became so good at scripting. >:(

With Zeriab's aid, I have come to the sad realization that I am not good at all, nor anywhere close.  ;9

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You're good enough to make scripts other than CMSes. That's above average, lol.

Rep:
Level 92
Psychological torture is different from physical torture.
The thing is, it is useful torture ^_^
It doesn't have to be.

Also, modern, you are good enough for me wanting to teach you. I just got way more experience than you do ^_^
I just ask on IRC if I should try to torture you. I guess you can guess what the answer was.
On a side-note. You have indeed neglected moo. Moo has sought help from me. I just gave tasks I have already given shaz, but I don't think moo likes those tasks. Too difficult perhaps?

On a side-note. Do you have any ideas on how to recruit more teachers for this organization?

Rep:
Level 87
I would love to teach either mapping or eventing or both.  I know enough to be dangerous, but I still have a whole lot more to learn.  And I don't know if what I can do would be considered "enough" to be able to teach at beginner's level.

Does anyone have a list (or would care to share their ideas that can be compiled into a list) of what you should be able to teach, or should expect to learn, at the different levels - beginner, intermediate, advanced - for mapping & eventing? 

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
post examples would be the best thing to do :D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
lol - ok - I best get working on some examples then... ;)

Rep:
Level 92
You know... You do have an example: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20313.0.html
And you have my word ^_^

You could teaching beginner and intermediate and maybe also advanced eventing.
Well, you may have problems with beginner being too easy. Still you are new enough so that you may remember the initial problems when you started eventing.

Anyway I'd suggest you teach beginner and/or intermediate because there seems to be the greatest need for teaching in those levels.

Rep:
Level 87
ok - if anyone still wants to learn eventing and doesn't mind being my "guinea pig" students... (I'm not really that bad)

Name: Shaz
Position: Eventing
Skill Level: Basic / Intermediate
Maker(s): XP
Example of Work (not required for some Basic courses): Day/Night System and Boulder Pushing game
Modes of Communication: PM
Number of Students: 2 is enough for now

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
ME! XD Mostly because Zeriab told me to :P I'll sign up for either basic or intermediate. It'd be cool to learn from you, eventing and from modern algebra eventing, too or scripting if he's willing >:]

Rep:
Level 87
lol - I just sent you a PM.  Zeriab told me to too :D  Maybe he's trying to ditch both of us ;)

Nouman, can you please list me in the first post with Moo as a student and one more vacant slot?

Rep:
Level 92
No no... You got it all wrong.
I am only trying to ditch mastermoo and help shaz at the same time. ^_^

You have been added

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
DAMMIT WTF I HATE YOU ZERIAB

Banned
Rep:
Level 91
I AM A MASSIVE FAGGOT
Name: Wingard
Teacher Position: Scripting.
Skill Level: suxx0rz.
Example of Work (not required for some Basic courses): "p 'i win lolz'"
Maker(s): RMXP
Modes of Communication: PM's, because my computer is a dicknob

Pl0x?

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
There are no basic teachers, and you're not going to win anyone over by refusing to post examples.

Rep:
Level 92
Whether or not examples are required for a basic course depends on the teacher in question. Not that it really matters when there are no basic teachers :P
There are in fact no available scripting teachers.

It would be very nice if you could attract some teachers to this organization ^_^

Rep:
Level 87
I'm pretty good with writing dialogue, making events, and making maps.

Could I be of service to anyone?

If you need examples of all three, I can just send you a demo of my RPG I'm happy with.

Rep:
Level 87
if you're volunteering, there's a form on the first page with information you need to provide, and as a teacher, you SHOULD give a link to some work you've done to demonstrate your skill level :)

Rep:
Level 87
My goodness. Thank goodness I'm not volunteering for observation teaching!  :lol:

Name: SuperPhillip
Position: Mapping, Writing, and/or Eventing
Skill Level: Let's start out at beginner just so I have enough time to help out.
Maker(s): RM2k3
Example of Work: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ABY7ZRS5 Will that do?
Modes of Communication: MSN: superphillip32@hotmail.com AIM: superphillip32
Number of Students: Let's limit this to 1-3 for time issues.