RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How can I make monster sprites in RM2k3 animated AND attack me?

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Like the topic said.
I

Rep:
Level 88
You can't. Get RMXP.
RGSS Dev

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Two Words. Shut up.

ABS System. You can code an Action Battle System that would make monsters sprites attack you, and that you can also attack them.

An ABS System requires alot of eventing knowledge.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Two Words. Shut up.

ABS System. You can code an Action Battle System that would make monsters sprites attack you, and that you can also attack them.

No no, that was not nice. Crank, ban him for flaming.

Anyway, I have seen RM2k3 games with animated monster sprites.

So I wondered why. And if you can not give a nice answer to me, leave the forums.

To the 1st poster after OP: I have RMXP, but I wanna make a game with RM2k3 for a change.
I

Rep:
Level 92
Two Words. Shut up.

So I wondered why. And if you can not give a nice answer to me, leave the forums.

To the 1st poster after OP: I have RMXP, but I wanna make a game with RM2k3 for a change.

Uh yea..flaming...all I was saying what for him to stop telling people to change makers for no reason.  :-\

Also I was trying to help you see that things CAN be done with Rm2k3 without the need to change a maker, and I wasn't yelling.  :-\ Boy I guess I better not use those words again...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 06:54:50 PM by deadly_diablo »
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

< Zelda Fan Club

Two Words. Shut up.

Uh yea..flaming...all I was saying what for him to stop telling people to change makers for no reason.  :-\

Also I was trying to help you see that things CAN be done with Rm2k3 without the need to change a maker, and I wasn't yelling.  :-\ Boy I guess I better not use those words again...

Heh, sorry. Thought you were typing to me. Next time, use @Retarded person, alright?

My bad.

Again, sorry.
I

Rep:
Level 88
RM2k3's battle system can't do that. Unless you state what exact kind of battle system you are looking at, correct help cannot be recieved.
RGSS Dev

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rep:
Level 92
You can use the sprites to create CBSes and ABSes, seperate from the battle system that comes with the maker. That means you can code a battle system that you can control with events and never needing to touch the database for your battles.

OR you can go and try to use battle animations WITH the picture of the monster in it moving and everything. We're not saying use the original side view battle system for this.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:31:24 PM by deadly_diablo »

< Zelda Fan Club