RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
a item , to tranform?

Rep:
Level 88
hi im asking for how to make a item change my chars graphic and then make his speed go faster (cough horse) now people are gana copy but oh well

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
hi im asking for how to make a item change my chars graphic and then make his speed go faster (cough horse) now people are gana copy but oh well

lol, the ideas been around longer than you have. Vehicals, transformations, warewolves, etc.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
First make the item a weapon or armor. then make a common event, parallel process. Put in a conditional branch: hero weapon (or armor) is: that item
then if that condition is true go to move event, player, change hero graphic (to the horse) and change speed(to whatever you want)
just make sure that the common event is parallel process and the switch you use is always on
Mini Game Island
Maps-100%
Characters-90%
Full Game-60%

Rep:
Level 88
ok thx alot dude! , but i was browseing through, what ur idea was , to it to work and i sort of got it working,im noly 13 so dont expect major things from me :P , best ive litterally done is map decent maps in unreal ed and program a bit in blitz basic, enyway i made a common event,everything and i made a item called horse, blah blah went through what u wanted , but when i use this item aka horse, i cant un equip it, so i thought ah, ill use it has say a defense equip and wolla, it was there, i equiped it went into game, didnt work....eny reason why? i have no idea but i think the reason is u cant use common events on equip items, but only items, check ya self sparr through it , and try help me pwease!!

yeah i thought that thing too at first. just go to the page of the conditional branch with all the hero options. if not, it will just make it if you have that item or weapon or something. make sure you did exactly what it says... wait your using xp right? i forgot to check if you said so...
Mini Game Island
Maps-100%
Characters-90%
Full Game-60%

Rep:
Level 88
yup im using xp, and in conditonal branch i goto hero page and it has nothing there about items , just weapon armour and stuff, the only place it has item is in the page which states u have to own the item (possesed)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 02:18:11 AM by dark12345 »

oh and remember to make sure that the switch that you use is ALWAYS ON!!! If you want to make sure its always on just make a new common event, parallel process, switch opperation, turn the switch on! it should work, my game has like 10 of the exact same thing, weapons that change your graphic :)
Mini Game Island
Maps-100%
Characters-90%
Full Game-60%

Rep:
Level 88
ok basically, i dont want the horse to always be on, (i want it there all through game) but u only use it when u equip it...heres my common event image

and if u check database only items can b attahed with common event...but u cant un-equip them, which i want it 2 be able to do... thts the problem

ok heres the problem.
'horse' need to be either a weapon or armor (i cant tell from this screen) make sure its not an item...
second problem:
your condition is that it is possesed. the condtion needs to be that it is equiped. ill show you what it should look like in a sec...
Mini Game Island
Maps-100%
Characters-90%
Full Game-60%

wait i found the problem photos not needed
Mini Game Island
Maps-100%
Characters-90%
Full Game-60%

dont put anything on the else handler. since the event it parallel process, the else handler runs until you equip that item. if the else deletes it, then it will be deleted before you equip the item, therefore making the event useless. remember that you still need to make it so that a weapon or armor is equiped by one of your heroes (you will have to make this for every hero if you want it to occur for every hero) bla bla make sure that it is equiped not possessed, thats it. it should work now.
Mini Game Island
Maps-100%
Characters-90%
Full Game-60%

to make the condition that the weapon or armor is equiped, go to the conditional branch and all of the hero options are on the second page.
Mini Game Island
Maps-100%
Characters-90%
Full Game-60%