RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
rm2k3 intro cutscene help

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Ok, so I want to make a cutscene for my game. Ive seen some pretty cool ones in the past where the camera moves around the map, but Im not sure I know how to do it.

I did it one way once, but Im not sure if its the right way. Here is what I did, and please let me know if there is any easier more convenient way.

I simply made my character invisible and have him walk around the map wherever I wanted the screen to move to.

But is that the way everyone does it? If theres any tutorials that teach me, plz let me know, ok?

Thanks.  :-)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
You can use the scroll screen command if I
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 90
In 2k3 it is called pan screen!
U need to cound how many tiles you want the camera to move over!
Then put in how many and what direction in the scroll/pan screen command!

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
oooh I see it now. Thats nice!

Thanks for the info!  :lol: