RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Complex Weaponry

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I am making a more modern-based RPG, in which there are guns. I wanted to make it so that the MP changes to ammo.

Characters defaultly have 0MP, but the MP goes up when they equip a weapon. It goes down as they fire the weapon. The MP is refilled when they use items like "Bullets".

How do I do this? I'm assuming I'll need to use Common Events, Variables, etc.
"Sure we were created equal... but I've been levelling up." - Me

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
By the way, I am using RPGM 2000
"Sure we were created equal... but I've been levelling up." - Me

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Deadly Diablo's Tutorial Demo 1

DEMO FILE

Welcome to this tutorial to create complex weaponry.

1. To begin, go into your project's database file, and either edit a previous hero or create one completely from scratch. Make his/her MP be 0, no matter what level he/she grows to.

2. Now go to the ITEMS tab, and create a weapon, GUN. Look in the demo game's database to see how its done.

3. Also create Item BULLETS the same way as in the demo game.

4. Now go to the COMMON EVENTS TAB, and copy EXACTLY THE CODE there.

*Note: This will work only for 1 hero, so for more heroes you'd have to repeat steps 1 and 4 sparingly.

Now to get this to work, you'd have to make an event give out the item gun and everything should work out fine.

If this doesnt work, or there's a problem with the file, you know what to do, post.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
You know, you could just change the MP name to Ammo, and change the skills option to shoot. As well as change attack to strike or something like that. Then create an item called ammo holster which replenishes your ammo stock. Just make skills that look like you're firing a bullet, and call them stuff like (Normal Shot, Blitz, Accurate Shot,Rapid Fire, etc.)
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
You know, you could just change the MP name to Ammo, and change the skills option to shoot. As well as change attack to strike or something like that. Then create an item called ammo holster which replenishes your ammo stock. Just make skills that look like you're firing a bullet, and call them stuff like (Normal Shot, Blitz, Accurate Shot,Rapid Fire, etc.)

EDIT: No that sucks, becuase if you have another when u have another weapon (E.G a baseball bat) you can shoot people with it... :roll:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 09:59:30 AM by pkmemanyp »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

EDIT: No that sucks, becuase if you have another when u have another weapon (E.G a baseball bat) you can shoot people with it... :roll:

Makes you wonder why you have a baseball bat as a weapon in a game where the weapons are guns...
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
in which there are guns
there are guns, for all you know he could be using knuckle dusters aswell  :roll: