RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPGMaker XP Question

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Hello, quick question...

I'm making a quest in which the hero has to go kill a certain creature. The quest works fine, except, when the hero has completed the quest, I don't want that certain monster to show up again. Any ideas?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
after the battle event command add erase event.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Erase event? I thought that made it come back when you go back to the map. :P I guess I thought wrong. If you use variables, you can just use that. ^_^

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Nouman's wrong. :3
Use a switch.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
well I went the simple way :(
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, but it doesn't get rid of it permanently. I've never seen Nouman get something wrong... APOCALYPSE!!!

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Thanks for the replies, but I'm not using an event for the battle. As for using a switch, what commands what I use? I'm using a monster within the game database that gives a certain item with a chance of 15%. The monster is in the "Map Properties" with the steps taken, etc...So I'm trying to figure out how I would make a battle event. I realised I can put events in the troop..but I still don't know what I would use.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 08:15:51 PM by Lac »

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Thanks for the replies, but I'm not using an event for the battle. As for using a switch, what commands what I use? I'm using a monster within the game database that gives a certain item with a chance of 15%. The monster is in the "Map Properties" with the steps taken, etc...So I'm trying to figure out how I would make a battle event. I realised I can put events in the troop..but I still don't know what I would use.

Anyone??

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i havent used XP for a while, but if I remember correctly there is a menu for things happening during the battle, so it should be somewhere. Somebody who uses it more could tell you.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm a little confused as to what you are asking. You have this battle as a random encounter?

Well, one way to do it would be to turn on the switch in the battle event at some point in the battle. Have a parallel process in the map itself which checks that switch and, if true teleports you to an identical map which does not have that monster as an enemy troop.

I'm still confused as to what you want. Any more details?

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
I'm not using a battle event, but I could be misunderstanding what you are saying. Yes, the battle is a random encounter.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 11:39:39 PM by Lac »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
okay, well in the Troops tab of the database there is a place to setup events. just turn on the switch when you start the battle.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
That doesn't work, but whatever I have another question. Instead of changing the Battle music for the entire game, how do I make it so a certain track plays for a certain monster? Troop events I can't figure out.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
well, actually I think you need a script or something, because there isn't an event command to change the battle music.

Also, this is just my opinion, but a kill quest with a random encounter would be really annoying for me as a player.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
well, actually I think you need a script or something, because there isn't an event command to change the battle music.

Also, this is just my opinion, but a kill quest with a random encounter would be really annoying for me as a player.
I figured I'd need a script too. And, with the random encounter, it adds some difficulty, and I don't see another way to do it. Doing it with events = fail

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
fail as in it's stupid or fail as in you can't figure out how to do it?

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Both  ;9 Any word on how to do it would be great. I could probably figure it out, but I don't want an instant battle..

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
well, when you have an event, there's a command for "monster encounter" or something. (remember to change the event's image to the monster you're using)

then you just pick the monster.

and THEN after the batter command, you turn on a local switch, switch, or variable.

then you have a second page with that switch as a requirement thing (forget the actual word right now >.<), and then just leave that page blank.

You  could have the monster wander around the map with random encounters, so that you have the challenge of other battles but the player doesn't have to keep fighting until they find it randomly.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
well, when you have an event, there's a command for "monster encounter" or something. (remember to change the event's image to the monster you're using)

then you just pick the monster.

and THEN after the batter command, you turn on a local switch, switch, or variable.

then you have a second page with that switch as a requirement thing (forget the actual word right now >.<), and then just leave that page blank.

You  could have the monster wander around the map with random encounters, so that you have the challenge of other battles but the player doesn't have to keep fighting until they find it randomly.

If only I could find what you're talking about...

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
im kinda bad at explaining stuff...

so...

maybe somebody could translate...

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I don't use XP but I figure the comands would be similar to 2k3.

Start new event,

Have a conditinional branch (if swich "whatever" is off/on)

For the branch where the switch is off, have your monster battle as you would normally have it, but add in the end a command to turn on switch "whatever" (and change the monster sprite (if ones there) to an invisible selection).

Just leave the branch for if the switch is on, blank, or not, and you will have a battle where you only fight once.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
Spoiler for:

1. choose the graphic for the monster, you want to fight.

2. go to the 3rd page of events.

3. go to Battle Processing

Spoiler for:

4. Choose the "troop" for the monster, also choose if they can escape the battle, and if they can keep playing even if they lose.

Spoiler for:

5. Go back to the 1st page of events, select "Control Self Switch.."

Spoiler for:

6. Turn self switch A On.

Spoiler for:

7.  Click "New Event Page", check the precondition box for "Self Switch" and make sure it's A = ON.

8.  Change the event graphic to blank.

That should do it, I haven't used the program in a while, so I'm a bit rusty, let me know if you have more problems.

Rep:
Level 87
Hey, thanks for that - very easy to follow.  Think I'll go try it out myself...
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
I'll try that Jalkson, thanks.