RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
8-direction movement - only one problem

Rep:
Level 89
Again I did this with just events: One common, and then a call common on the map as well as an event with pages that require two switches for each direction depending on which way you are facing.

It all works great except for when you try to press the two directions for diagonal movement at once. It firt moves one step in teh first direction press before moving diagonally. For example, if I press up and left at the same time, it still moves one step in whichever one was pressed first before moving up-left.

Can this be fixed easily? (Preferrably without script)

Rep:
Level 91
dwarra linked me, i still see you as someone that CAN become good
if you'll just stop fighting me for a sec you'll see i don't hate you

anyways, i saw it as a challange
forgive me for once again ignoring anything you have done
this is what i came up with:

i am still on my 7 days off though.

*logs out*
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 89

Don't care
i am still on my 7 days off though.

??? - don't care..

I didn't know you could use a conditional branch right under another one.. let me try this.

Okay, this really simplifies what I already did, although I just used "move upper left, etc. -Jump doesn't do it right on XP- (god I wish I'd knew you could use two conditional branches at once: my way was fucking complicated) BUT it doesn't fix my problem. still, when you hit the two directions at once, it still steps one in the direction that was pressed first before going diagonal.

ANOTHER PROBLEM: I just discovered that the diagonal movement makes the player ignore teleport events. THIS IS BAD. Can this also be fixed?

Rep:
Level 91
i would lie if i'll say i didn't make my siggy just for you and your type

my way solves all the bugs, jump may not look good, but it actually is the best you can do with events unless you use animations

still got questions? check my new siggy.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: blueXx

my way solves all the bugs, jump may not look good, but it actually is the best you can do with events unless you use animations

still got questions? check my new siggy.

You know, instead of jumping, there's move events that actualy move you diagonally lol.

And I would have to agree with your sig.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 91
but using move down right, move down left, move up right, move up left buttons doesn't look so.. jumpy Oo

but coming to think of it..
hell how could i be so blind? -.-

that makes this topic even dumber than i thought  :O_o:

Rep:
Level 89

Pompous asshole. Like you're so fucking great.

but using move down right, move down left, move up right, move up left buttons doesn't look so.. jumpy Oo

but coming to think of it..
hell how could i be so blind? -.-

No shit. Now who's fucking stupid.
Maybe you should hold your tongue instead of treating people - who didn't do anything wrong- like shit. Seriously, you "helped" me once, while at the same time insulting me and I reacted. So what the hell is your problem?

Try actually solving my problem instead of talking shit. It's spamming, and it's really annoying.

Given past history of conversations, I can't believe someone actually linked you to this. Must be funny to them. And your attitude once again, sucks ass and I really dont want to talk to you. You don't hate me? Of course not; you just think you're better than me in every way. Discrimination.

Rep:
Level 91
lock this topic on account of being over spammed
dray, look at the siggy
you are right on one thing though, i learned to hate you
no one likes a person that keeps saying "shit fucking shit omg omg i pwange shit shit fuck" retard -.-

Rep:
Level 89
lock this topic on account of being over spammed

Over-spammed. Yes. By YOU.  :evil:

What a snob. Seriously, if you had a million dollars and caviar coming out your ass, you could not be more of a pompous snobby little bitch.

Your sig has absolutely nothing to do ith me. I dont double and triple post.
So what the hell are you talking about? Being sarcastic and arrogant is only funny if you're RIGHT.

no one likes a person that keeps saying "sh*t f*cking sh*t omg omg i pwange sh*t sh*t f*ck" retard -.-

Holy crap, I SWEAR! Oh, MY!
Oh, but everyone loves a bastard who makes fun of people for no reason?.  You don't even have any motive to be talking to me like this! WTF is that?! WTF did I do?
When every post you make has you being a pompous asshole in it, THAT is spamming. I'm trying to get help here, and you come on my thread with the same damn pattern again:

Stop fighting me because I am right and am better than you and you shouldnt hate me because that makes you a child!
Here is how you should do ____.

And I retaliate. Well what do you expect with that attitude?

All you do is insult, wait for a reaction, and then act like the VICTIM.
Oh, and though I know you'll say this post is spamming, so was your last post, so fuck off.

DON'T lock this thread please.. I actually need help with the above problem. If you want to lock Bluexx out though, that would be great, because he is really getting off topic and generally treating me like shit. Thank you.
Otherwise, you can go ahead and jsut delete all the off topic posts, please.

Rep:
Level 91
if you still need help with that, despite the above posts by me and tsu, you fit perfectly to my sig
notice it got "plain noob" and "stupid" in it

spam count hitted 4 or 5 now, lock down is in place thanks to the new rules

Rep:
Level 89
if you still need help with that, despite the above posts by me and tsu, you fit perfectly to my sig

nooB? stupid? So.. you're referring to me, right?
DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOUR SIG SAYS?!!
No. NO! EXCUSE ME, but do you even read my posts?

I said that yes, the diagonal movement works fine, but NOW it makes the player ignore teleport events. Your jumping way looks horrible. Yes, it works, but it doesn't matter because I'm not trying to make the player jump all over the place, I just want him to walk.

Like I said, if you're going to be a prick, at least be right.

If there are any moderators reading this, please take notice of this behavior.

OKAY FOLKS ANYBODY NICE WANT TO ACTUALLY HELP ME?

Rep:
Level 91
if a mod see that, and a mod will see that, actually they probably all did already, they will know i am right

you only need the i.q of a rat to change the move event from jump to up right so on
seeing as it's simply a matter of a button inside the move event  :roll:

why didn't you think about that?
cause you don't even have the i.q of a rat

as for my siggy it says "use the search button"
if you will you will find this topic, and all the answers are already here

and then you can take a little more time and look for "noob" so you can understand better what you are

i here by crown you the dumbest person that ever walked in crank ever since blaze and emu!

Rep:
Level 89
you only need the i.q of a rat to change the move event from jump to up right so on
seeing as it's simply a matter of a button inside the move event  

why didn't you think about that?
cause you don't even have the i.q of a rat

LMAO

I already did chang it from jump to the diagonals. I had it that way before you even posted that! I tried it your way just to see what it would look like, and it sucks! That's not even the problem anymore you moron I already said it twice, the diagonal movement is working FINE. But NOW it ignores my teleport events when moving diagonally THATS THE PROBLEM NOW YOU FUCKIG IDIOT.

It's amazing how you try to be witty and condecending but really you're just making an ass out of yourself. I don't know how I can be any clearer. I typed my NEW problem in, in plain, fluent english. Twice. You just aren't reading it. I pity your sorry dumb ass. Nah. Not really.

To quote you to yourself:
i here by crown you the dumbest person that ever walked in crank ever since blaze and emu!

Whatever that means. Foreign people sure don't know when to shut up.

Rep:
Level 91
lol that was so lame  :lol:

Again I did this with just events: One common, and then a call common on the map as well as an event with pages that require two switches for each direction depending on which way you are facing.

yep king of events  :roll:

set the teleports to hero touch moron -.-

it works perfectly but i guess your low i.q was such a shock to rm that it just couldn't stop laughing and thus didn't teleport your sad ass

Rep:
Level 89
Now I am positive that you have no clue at all.

Yeah, I scrapped this after you showed me that two conditional branches could be used together, which I didn't know, and I did actually THANK you for that... so don't be a prick.

Also, I am not stupid enough to not have set the teleports to "hero touch" okay? They are set to that, and what I am saying is the diagonal movement makes the player ignore the teleport events. When you walk straight into one, works fine. When you run into it on an angle, it doesn't go. Clear enough for you, genius?

Rep:
Level 91
actually after testing it , it works fine

here is a problem i spotted for the "no use of jumps" if you don't use jumps and instead you do up-right so on and you get: (Y= walkable X=blocked)

YX
XY

you can't go from Y to Y , while jumps CAN take you from Y to Y and that might just be a good reason to use jumps
(cause otherwise there isn't much of point in a 8directions, seeing as we can all push left and up)

as for teleports, no diffrence, both get teleported perfectly, tested.

Rep:
Level 89
maybe in RM2K3 but not in XP.

Jumps look like shit. I'm not using jumps.

I tried doing the same thing in a new project too, still doesnt work.

Rep:
Level 91
i am using rmxp, more challanging to make pure eventing there
works perfectly to me no matter how hard i try not to get teleported (i got to the teleporter from 4 directions, still get teleported fine)

Rep:
Level 89
i got to the teleporter from 4 directions, still get teleported fine
did you enter the teleport diagonally? (Pressing ^ > etc. at the same time?) Because mine work when you go straight up, straight in to the right, etc. just not on an angle.

If it's really working for you I'd appreciate it if you send me an example map with the right events so I can compare to my project and see whats wrong

Rep:
Level 91
of course .. by 4 directions i meant the "other" 4 directions -.-

though i just figured out what your problem probably is

is your teleport a sign or a blocked tile of sort? (npc, sign, cat, you name it)
the teleport tile needs to be a walkable tile for the teleport to work when you use up right up left and so on

Rep:
Level 89
Describe "walkable"
does that mean a tile that has something in it (NPC, cat, etc.) or an empty one?
Mine are empty and set for "player touch"

If you're saying to take blank tiles and put something in them, that doesn't fix it. Then it only stop you from moving until you let go of the directional keys. That is unnatural to the player, and I'm not doing it that way.

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: Jesse 015
and i did see a "script" on this

that might help, i wil try find it for you
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 89
Hmm. Okay, fair word of warning: You will have to be VERY specific on how to implement whatever script you find! I DO NOT know how to use those things!

Rep:
Level 89
Open the class Game_Player and go to the line #211. You should see that  

Code: [Select]
    case Input.dir4
     when 2
       move_down
     when 4
       move_left
     when 6
       move_right
     when 8
       move_up
     end
   end

Now, highligh all that (Should finish at line #222 0r 223 (On my RMXP version).
And copy that new code instead:

Code:

Code: [Select]
   case Input.dir8
     when 2
       move_down
     when 4
       move_left
     when 6
       move_right
     when 8
       move_up
     when 7
       move_upper_left
     when 9
       move_upper_right
     when 3
       move_lower_right
     when 1
       move_lower_left
     end
   end

This is done !
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 89
I knew i'd have to resort to scripting sooner or later. I'm too abmitious.
But THIS works! Thank you!

Thanks for actually helping me, instead of... well, this thread speaks for itself.