RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rift Planes of Telara

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Probably the best MMO i've ever played even though it was beta. Has anyone heard of it or played in the beta? It's amazing, I might even quit WoW for it when it releases.  ::)
http://www.riftgame.com/en/
My Video of the Game's Greatest Feature (low level):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFvVRngVZ-k

I have other videos of the game as well, and there are a bunch of gameplay videos out there.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
For those of us not interested enough to delve through their website in search, highlight what makes it so entertaining, what's unique about it, and what makes it worth signing up for?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
With Rifts, the game is constantly changing because it's a dynamic quest system. The class system is very in depth, there are 4 main classes, Warrior, Cleric, Rogue and Mage, each of those classes have 8 subclasses and you can select 3 of each subclass to form your class. So, that makes for a lot of diversity in the way you play the game. As for me I play a Cleric with 2 healing specialties and a shadow damage spec so i can quest and do dungeons well. The game world is pretty large for one without an expansion (at the moment since it's in beta). The Gameplay and Graphics are very top notch and there are a large variety of crafting skills. You aren't bound to a specific leveling scheme since there is dungeon, grinding, pvp, rift closing and questing. Combat is very smooth and pvp is fairly balanced. The Quests are very interactive and there are Uber Rifts (not called that) that occur each day where some kind of demon or something attacks a main village and you need to team up with other players to take it out, you get good items and exp. Closing Rifts gives items to players that allow you to buy special gear.

I don't know what else to say...

Rep:
Level 83
I checked out the website, and it looks sort of cool. I registered for the beta, but ... lol.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
It looks like a crappy WoW clone

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Rep:
Level 83
A lot of the themes and story look striking similar, but I (hope) think the 3 class mechanic will be a good point.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
A lot of recent games tend to be "crappy WoW clones" or at least look like WoW. I mean, WoW is big, and it's obvious people will be trying to emulate WoW to emulate their success, lol. Of course, hopefully it'll be different. D8<

Rep:
Level 83
I love this game... Best beta I have participated in.
They took a lot of pages from WoW's book, and made them so much better.
Plus these random invasions or rifts added excitment. I was never bored..
However, I was on a low population server, and we got overwhelmed by the shear number of rifts open at once. I submitted a complaint about it though so hopefully they remove it by launch.
You guys should sign up for the beta, it is very fun.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
A friend of mine got 2 beta codes and handed one to me, I'll write up a first thoughts on this game when the beta opens up Tuesday or whatever.

Being pretty much hyped up as a wow-killer is tough to live up to, I'm skeptical as to if this game can actually deliver.

Rep:
Level 83
So far, an amazing beta. Its a bit buggy but..its a beta. lol.
Next task, try the dungeon system.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I've never heard of this, but I took a gander at the videos/screenshots. I'm judging by videos, but the gameplay graphics appear much nicer than WoW. Just sayin'. I haven't played WoW up till like 2 weeks before Cata dropped. I won't ever play WoW again. It's boring now. The only thing Cata did for me that I found interesting was being able to fly in Azeroth, but I don't actually care so meh. I don't plan on playing this. I plan on playing D3 and The Old Republic when those release - a while from now ._.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Fun game, but it doesn't like ATI cards currently, I uninstalled it as it's hard to enjoy at 8fps on the lowest settings.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
An MMO that's a crappy WoW clone? Absurd.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I wonder how long this will take to change for WoW. Just replace Doom with WoW and FPS with MMO.

you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It already has. Not all MMOs are WoW clones. You do have to admit that there are way too many games that try to use WoW's format, and it doesn't make any sense. After this long, you think that devs would realize that nothing is going to beat WoW when trying to use that format. I can't believe that producers actually still ok projects like that, because they nearly all ultimately fail, or go ftp in a year or two. I can just imagine an office filled with delusional people high-fiving and telling each other that their game is going to sell more than WoW, or at least take enough people away from while long enough to make a substantial profit.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:00:58 AM by Goolkeye »

Rep:
Level 83
It isn't a WoW clone, when you consider almost nothing WoW did was original. WoW took the best from other MMOs and RPGs, and that's what made it outstanding.
Now Rift does the same thing, except makes it so much better, as well as adding their own elements to it. The random Rift events add randomness that you don't normally see in an MMO. You can have all your quest objectives/givers wiped out if people in the zone don't take out the rifts.
You have a better replay value with Rift as well. I know 'replay value' is normally used for games that aren't MMO, but there are so many different ways to play a toon. You pick your 'calling' which allows you to pick your 'souls' or classes. Each calling has different 'souls' but they all have a tank soul, heal soul, and DPS soul. You pick 3 of these 8 souls to create your own character. That gives you way more customization then WoW does. Your class isn't set in stone in Rift.
Also, I prefer the graphics of Rift over WoW, and it only dropped my FPS by 3. (8 FPS in WoW, 5 FPS in Rift)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Who cares. Play it if you like it or don't. That's what it boils down to.

Rep:
Level 94
Blah

Its a WoW clone. I can tell that you're not going to see it though, because you're defending it too vehemently.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Blah

Its a WoW clone. I can tell that you're not going to see it though, because you're defending it too vehemently.

It is a WoW clone, though it does what a lot of them don't do, and it improves upon some of the mechanics (such as the talent system).  Will it topple WoW? likely not, but it'll be a good game regardless.

Who cares. Play it if you like it or don't. That's what it boils down to.

This.
IDC if it's WoW or the Anti-WoW, if it's a fun game, it's a fun game.
Let's all get over this WoW-killer bullshit because we all know it ain't going to happen.

Also @Redyugi: how the fuck can you enjoy a game at 8/5FPS? That's the reason I uninstalled Rift, I got 8fps around people, while on WoW I can rock a steady 22+.  They need to fix their ATI issues.

Rep:
Level 83
I enjoy it because... hell if I know.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I just found it excruciatingly hard to play at that FPS

Rep:
Level 94
It would be agony to play anything at that rate. It's like playing a flip-book.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Except flip-books aren't as interactive as Rift.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Except flip-books aren't as interactive as Rift.

way to miss the point.

Rep:
Level 83
Well I am finally getting internet access to my desktop, so I assume my FPS will be much higher on it. Laptops aren't the best for gaming.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 83
What I meant was.. My newer, better desktop will give me more FPS then my older laptop.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
My mate got an invite and spent forever trying to download and patch it then the current beta phase ended :V

Rep:
Level 83
Your mate must have a shitty connection. Took all of an hour for me. Course, the uninstall from last beta might not have deleted everything..
But 5 days??? To download and patch? Shitty connection or he lied to you. lol

Rep:
Level 83
Bump as they are hosting open betas til this coming monday