RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
XBox 360 controller

Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
Okay, so in my adventures with Human Interface Devices I came to the conclusion that whoever wrote the XBox 360 controller HID driver for windows is a little bit retarded.

The problem is that both triggers are mapped to the same axis which practically gives you only one trigger.

But I can't find any technical reason why this silliness exists. A HID can report pretty much any number of buttons and values (axes) it wants so there's no constraint there. The 'legacy' windows joystick functions provide six axes plus a dial and a slider. Those with controllers can take a look and see that the thumb sticks are mapped left to X/Y axis and right to X/Y rotation with both triggers on the Z axis. This leaves Z rotation completely unused (also dial and slider).

Why? Why couldn't the two triggers have been split? The ps3 six axis controller happily uses all 8 axes, the old XBox controller with xbdr has separate triggers. It's only the Microsoft driver which doesn't 'work'.

---------------------------
xbox 360 wireless receiver
xbox 360 case
xbox 360 wireless controller

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:48:57 AM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
why do you have advertisements in your post but it's on topic.

If they're not gone by wednesday evening i'm banning you sideways.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
not to mention that one axes for both triggers is not true. Ban 'em, Danno.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 09:04:47 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
not to mention that one axes for both triggers is not true. Ban 'em, Danno.

It is one Axis, but one trigger is positive, while the other is negative, so there's no 'one trigger' about it.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
did they update the pc driver? i don't recall it being on one axes.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
This is probably for some sort of vehicle game, a reading from the joint axis of both of the triggers could detect which way the thing is meant to turn... I dont know.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
All I know is xpadder reads the triggers just fine when I use it to play a game.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Doesn't matter, person's ban'd. Probably something someone wrote to prolong its life.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep